PDA

View Full Version : Vibration at speed

roboblob
29th May 2012, 08:20 AM
The car decided to scare the poo out of me this morning ,a couple of weeks ago as I reached 70 traveling along a straight flat motorway I felt which I could only describe as the vibration you get when the wheels are needing balanced I thought one of my weights had flew off ,So over the weekend I got them balanced and also rotated front to back while i was at it .This morning as I reached 70 the vibration came back and was alot worse but this time it was different ,as I slowed down the vibration was still there until 60 ,any atempt to speed up instantly made the vibration worse.

Any Ideas ?

roboblob
29th May 2012, 09:01 AM
I have just checked all the nuts to make sure they hadn't came loose after getting torqued at weekend ,but all are good.

PsYcHe
29th May 2012, 11:15 AM
Does it affect the steering wheel or do you feel it in the seat.. Could be that you've lost a bush, or got another problem with the suspension arms.

roboblob
29th May 2012, 12:21 PM
It was the steering that was vibrating,I have found out what the problem was.
DON'T LET THE SATURDAY BOY WORK ON YOUR CAR EVER!!!!!!

I looked at the weights on the wheels before I took it back to get it checked today,surprise surprise the car no longer tries to remove your fillings when driven at 70 so I had another look and they had moved on the wheel,not just a few mm, they moved about 3inches ,it looks like the saturday boy appeared to be sticking them where he could,not where they needed to go .

The_Laird
29th May 2012, 12:26 PM
Pleased to hear it's sorted and nothing serious :)