PDA

View Full Version : Glass on EU & US models.

Exerqtor
24th August 2012, 12:57 PM
I tried to order a pre-cut tint set for my 8 on ebay (us) here the other day. But i got in answer that they didn't ship to Europe because of difference in EU and US models. First i thought was that it was a policy they have because that's the general case. But is this really true regarding D2 A8's? :Confused:

Dezzy
28th August 2012, 08:37 AM
I don't know 100% but i can't see there would be any differences for glass, windows or lights???

Exerqtor
28th August 2012, 12:25 PM
That's the exact same thing i thought. Sure must bee someone here that actually KNOW this? :ROFL:

Dezzy
28th August 2012, 12:32 PM
well it would be a competely different car bodywise if the glass was smaller or bigger. I'm going with, It's the same and i'll have to be proved wrong with the 2 different size bits of glass side by side.

It could be he just doesn't want to sell to you :)

PsYcHe
28th August 2012, 12:44 PM
Maybe rules on tints would be different, or the laminate construction.

Conan_the_Librarian
28th August 2012, 06:11 PM
There is single and double glazed, athermic and plain, heated and no heated windscreens. Last time I looked there were about 30 different windscreens!

Exerqtor
29th August 2012, 08:13 AM
Ok, but i'm not going to tint the windshield tho :o

Going to order up a set, then we'l see how it works out mehe +++

ainarssems
29th August 2012, 08:27 AM
Last time I looked there were about 30 different windscreens!

Yes but they are all interchangeable except maybe armoured ones. There are no specific US glasses in ETKA. The difference are in age, body length(side windows), single/twin pane, heatproffing, color and armoured and integrated antennas for rear screen. I believe that if you exclude armoured vehicles then glass shape for all D2 is the same apart from differences in SWB and LWB.

Exerqtor
30th August 2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, i pretty much assume that SWB and LWB are the only difference in "normal" vehicles my self.

Just ordered a kit now anyways. Time will show if it fits :p