PDA

View Full Version : continental lights

m7757s
19th September 2012, 07:18 PM
ive got a 06 4.2 tdi and i need to have continental head lights to keep it in germany, is it possible to just change it over in the vagcom or do i have to purchase a set of lefthand drive lights and change them over. Also if you can change them through the vagcom they can not be just a level straight beam as it will not pass, i'll try explain..... the beam is like this now -----/ ------/
and i need them like this \------ \------
and not like this ------- -------

hope everyone undertands:Confused:

many thanks in advanced

Steve

PsYcHe
19th September 2012, 09:12 PM
Pretty sure they can be adjusted in VCDS.. But not sure if that's permitted if you'll be in the country for any length of time.

sloss
20th September 2012, 06:01 AM
Get a D4 and it does it automatically as the Sat Nav knows where you are.....+++

That may not be too helpful to you though :D

m7757s
20th September 2012, 04:39 PM
i was thinking about a D4 but i don't like the shape and i don't think ive got enough room in the garage with my portfolio of cars. i think i'll just drive it with the head lights off and use a head torch :)

sarg
20th September 2012, 04:51 PM
Agreed with that about the D4, the A7 though, I think, is a very handsome car and it'll be the A7, rather than the A8, that I'll be looking at when the prices fall far enough to come into my range