PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plugs - Recommendations

David's8
14th November 2012, 04:22 PM
What are people's recommendation with regard to the make of plugs and recommended suppliers. Bosch were recommended by Conan in another thread but the Super 4s were dismissed in one forum for causing misfires. Others trashed Iridiums (but no manufacturer was mentioned). As the price for a set can vary between £24 and £84 I am keen to make the right choice at the right price. :Confused:

PsYcHe
14th November 2012, 05:02 PM
You'll get a different answer from almost anyone :)

What do Audi use for OEM? I'd just go with them TBH.

notorious
14th November 2012, 07:11 PM
OEM Audi.

Don't risk.

Singh
14th November 2012, 08:10 PM
I've gone for OEM Audi RS 2 plugs. They're supposed to be the best. Run colder or something, look it up.

ainarssems
15th November 2012, 05:39 AM
Colder is not necessarily better. They need to be in optimal range. For tuned cars that are pushed hard often it is usually good idea to use colder then original plugs. But on stock cars with easy life, short driving distances colder plugs will get carbon building up.

johnny_quattro
29th May 2013, 12:39 PM
Recently replaced the spark plugs in my A8L FL, as I wasn't sure that they had been done. Looking at the attached picture, I'm surprised the old girl even managed to start every day!

Replaced FGR7 KQEO with FGR7 DQP+ which are the platinum/iridium jobs. When I started her up after the plug change, there was some rough idling for a minute or so. I'll assume that the ECU was recalibrating due to the new spark plugs.

Two weeks later, I'm thoroughly enjoying the response under even light acceleration. I can hear more burble of the muted V8 when giving it some beans.

Cheers,
John G