PDA

View Full Version : Inside boot release button not working

3.7 slp
14th December 2012, 09:22 AM
Hi all just to see what you think i have found that my drivers door piller boot release botton is not working:Confused:.....was thinking it could be one of the air lines next to the hinges on the opening....
.....i can hear the air coming out after i have started the car for a time...

Thanks all

The_Laird
14th December 2012, 11:05 AM
What car is it? If it's a vacuum leak, wouldn't that stop the boot opening on the 'blip' button on the key fob too?

47p2
14th December 2012, 12:05 PM
Make sure the key position on the boot lock is in the correct position before you look any further +++

Adrian E
14th December 2012, 04:24 PM
The button in the B pillar and the remote use an electric actuator to release the boot - if it works on the remote (push and hold for several seconds) I'd be pulling the switch and testing the connections to see if there's a continuity fault. If not, it suggests the switch itself is faulty.

3.7 slp
15th December 2012, 05:49 AM
What car is it? If it's a vacuum leak, wouldn't that stop the boot opening on the 'blip' button on the key fob too?

sorry its a 2000 A8 qs 3.7.And yes that's what i'm thinking as it works evey time with the key fob

3.7 slp
15th December 2012, 05:51 AM
Make sure the key position on the boot lock is in the correct position before you look any further +++

Thanks did check and the boot key position is in the up- down position

3.7 slp
15th December 2012, 05:55 AM
The button in the B pillar and the remote use an electric actuator to release the boot - if it works on the remote (push and hold for several seconds) I'd be pulling the switch and testing the connections to see if there's a continuity fault. If not, it suggests the switch itself is faulty.

Cool thank you will give that a check over..it a new button as the old one feel apart a few months ago...the button dose light up.... but will take it apart and check it.+++

Is there anything else that i should check out

mannyo
15th December 2012, 06:53 AM
When I got my A8 the switch to work the boot was broken. Got a replacement from the forum sponsors (A8parts) via ebay, and now it works a treat.

Was the replacement new or secondhand, if the latter then it could have failed.

3.7 slp
15th December 2012, 07:48 AM
Good point this one was new from TSP in Leicester was about £15 or so. +++

green A8
1st January 2013, 08:15 PM
Is your glovebox locked? if so this should 'knock out' the pillar switch. This trick has caught me out a time or two. It stops anyone with the service key entering the boot also.

Hope this helps.

Paul.