PDA

View Full Version : RNS D Sat Nav not working

Colin
14th April 2013, 07:50 AM
The unit is fitted to a 2000 A8. It has worked well until last year when on start up it took about 10 mins to initialise. a few months ago I attempted to eject the CD but it got stuck and would not eject.
Since then none of the Icons on the Sat Nav screen were live except SETTINGS and EJECT CD. The other Icons were greyed out, everything elso on the radio and CD changer are fine. Could this mean the Sat Nav CD has died? Or is there some form of internal fuse in the CD that has blown?
Any help welcome. Maybe the best option is to fit an RNS E.

mannyo
14th April 2013, 12:40 PM
it could just need the laser cleaning. mine did, and it now starts up to full navigation in less than 30 seconds. dead easy to do, but you will need to get the CD out somehow. There is a useful guide I found that is linked to in the stickies at the top of the forum.

Adrian E
14th April 2013, 01:48 PM
Disc is probably jammed part in, part out. Had that with a CD changer failing to eject a disc and had to manually take the unit apart to get it out. Once removed it went back in fine - think it was the label on it that was causing problems.

If the disc is knackered I've got 2013 discs for the RNS-D that are known to work :)

Adrian

Colin
14th April 2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will let you knw how I get on.