PDA

View Full Version : RNS-E with A8 D2 frame

notorious
6th October 2013, 08:17 PM
I will be trying to upgrade my RNS-E to 2010+ version (the one with chrome knobs and MEDIA button).

In the next couple of months I will be selling my RNS-E with A8 faceplate (A6 faceplate that was cut to perfectly match A8 D2 structural opening). Unit is in perfect working and cosmetic condition. No single scratch, mark or blemish.

The cost will be £400 plus shipping. I'm based near Reading if you want to pickup.

My 'plan B': Because I have spare A6 faceplate I can transplant that face plate to the unit for sale and it'll go for £400-450 on eBay as rare A6 unit.
My existing A8 D2 custom faceplate will be used in my new 2010+ unit. This will save me cutting one more faceplate for A8 D2.

Architex_mA8tey
6th October 2013, 09:43 PM
I'd like first dibs on the RNS-E please Sergey if it comes with the plate +++
I'll discuss with you soon

Goran
7th October 2013, 10:49 AM
damn! I was too slow.

tintin
7th October 2013, 07:27 PM
damn! I was too slow.

Nothing wrong with having second dibs, in case Neil backs out (but, if you don't, I might...:D)

notorious
19th October 2013, 08:24 AM
Update:

OK, I've got new "MK2" RNS-E and I just transplanted my current A8 D2 fascia to that new unit. I will keep that MK2 unit and I will continue experiments with it. That fascia was in 100% great condition.

Now my current unit without fascia is on the workbench and I have two fascias I can mount on it: 1. slightly scratched A3 fascia, but the unit is sellable with it on ebay (with a mark down of course) as A3 fascias are easily available. 2. Full uncut A6 fascia that I've got 2 years ago off ebay. That fascia is in perfect mint condition. Separate A6 fascias are very rare and expensive. I never seen one for sale for 2 years.

Because I have long term relationship with A8 D2 i'm thinking to keep A6 fascia just in case I'll damage my current one on D2. I'll then carefully cut it and change it. This is strategic asset :)

But I can also still sell current unit with A6 fascia. It won't be cheap. And you'll have to cut it yourself for your D2 and accept risks to damage it. The same A6 unit is available from Lithuanian supplier here for £479 plus shipping (I purchased my new MK2 unit from this supplier):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A6-S6-RS6-Allroad-RNS-E-sat-nav-DVD-navigation-system-2012-maps-4B0035192P-/271045584777?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems_G PSSystems&hash=item3f1b936789

My price is £400 for mint condition unit (ideally, you want to pick it up or I can post it for separate fee). But you must be prepared to cut fascia yourself. I don't want to do it as for me it will take a day of my time to do it properly and no one will pay for that day :) :) :) The unit comes with latest software (660) and hardware (99). VIM (video in motion) and SDS (speech dialogue system) are enabled. Two 4Gb RNS-E compatible flash cards for MP3 files and 2013 maps with speed cameras.

So, one week of exposure here. If no one wants it, which I understand, then the unit will go on ebay with A3 fascia and I keep A6 fascia just in case.

Architex_mA8tey
19th October 2013, 09:17 AM
I already said I'll have it Sergey - didnt you read your thread! ? :D

notorious
19th October 2013, 09:34 AM
Hi Neil, I named the thread 'RNS-E with A8 D2 frame', which is not the case now, so I had to post new situation.