PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

guinea
25th April 2009, 08:04 AM
Now,im having my callipers changed next week by the dealer who i brought the car of about two and a bit weeks ago..so why there doing this ive paid to have new discs and pads and there paing the abour /callipers cost.

Now my predicerment..i now have a small leak dripping on the exhaust and getting that burning smell...so as its in next week im going to get the garage fitting the parts (not the dealer) to have a look see...but after reading your very informative posts i kinda get the feeling its going to be "transmission output flange seal replacement"...this worries me

I do have a warranty but in the book it says ..
gearbox
"internal gears,syncromeshed hubs,selectors,shafts,bearings,bushs,and transfer gears(excluding oil leaks)

any more ideas of where to look for the leak...

Architex_mA8tey
25th April 2009, 11:49 AM
have you checked the back of the box where the output seal is? it sounds like you are on the money as it usually causes a distinctive smell by burning off on the catalytic converter.
http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articles/auto_transmission/transealreplacement.html is the link for audipages

Conan_the_Librarian
25th April 2009, 02:27 PM
Concur. Not to expensive or to difficult to do.

billblank
25th April 2009, 07:40 PM
Mine's peeing engine oil over the cat and there is a known leak point at the back of the lump, oil pressure sensor I think. Have a sniff and see if it's oil or tranny fluid.

Bill