PDA

View Full Version : ABS light....and, a little later, then engine light...

Zip
6th May 2014, 09:05 AM
All,

The abs warning light came on on Friday, but with no tell-tale accompanying abs activation / juddering when braking at low speed or coming to a stop normally associated with a failing or dirty sensor. I had a sensor replaced about 18months ago for that very reason.

Anyway, more worryingly, the little engine picture light came on a little later. Hmmm, I thought. :Confused: I had been rather rigorous with my new under car / wheel arch nozzle on my Nilfisk, and wondered if I had dislodged a connector.

Anyway, front brakes needed a check over and retorque after fitting my newly refurbished calipers at the end of last year, so I did a strip down and clean up on both fronts, and reassembled.

All good again yesterday (I unplugged the battery for a while as well), but back in car today, abs light has relit, and a little while later, the engine light has come on to join it.

Any ideas, without VAGCOMming it?

Brakes are working great, by the way.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

IT
6th May 2014, 11:50 AM
If all drives well, and the only issue seems to be warning lights then Vagcom really is the only accurate way to tell whats going on.....

Adrian E
6th May 2014, 06:33 PM
Am I right in thinking that combination of fault lights suggests an ESP fault?

scan is the only answer for a definitive answer unfortunately