PDA

View Full Version : help required

uksaint
16th May 2014, 11:11 PM
Guys
Need alot of help.
First off i am in the dominican republic on holiday and my local garage has told me via a friend that my diesel injectors need replacing and its going to cost £1600 which seems like a lot of money.
The car is a 3.0 55 plate.
Does anyone have any idea if this cost is resonable or can anyone recomend someone in the eesex area
Thanks in advance
Mark

Somerandomguy
17th May 2014, 09:47 AM
Sounds about rigt to me, if the injectors have never been changed, they are likely to have started failing. Do you get white smoke at startup or hot idle?

As they get older they start to seep and they are piezo electric, so cant be refurbished either. Cost new is around £200+, so six of them will be at least £1200 plus fitting.

You may be able to save a few injectors if you are lucky by getting them tested, and only changing the failed ones.

You may also be able to save some cash by using the later spec injectors-they are not specced for our cars, one of the other drivers has done this, ill try to find the post.

Edit: It was snapdragon, but on another forum
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?139851-2004-Audi-A8-3-0L-TDI-Quattro-Fuel-Injectors-White-Smoke-from-Exhaust&p=764704#post764704