PDA

View Full Version : D2 S8 tyre recommendations

Conquistador
8th April 2015, 09:23 AM
I'm sure it's one of the most frequently asked questions on any car forum, but I would like some tyre recommendations. :)

I removed my front wheel at the weekend to do some brake work and when I did so, I saw two huge nails embedded in the tyre and a light crack around the entire tread in line with the nails. I *ahem* "stretched the car's legs" the day before as well so count myself lucky. Decided to bite the bullet and get 4 new tyres as the rears are also pretty low, close to the tread indicator.

I'd like some Uniroyal Rainsport 3 but wasn't sure if these would be too stiff. I've had them a couple of times on smaller cars I've owned and they were great, especially in the wet but not sure how they would perform on a big saloon... Anybody have any recommendations?

Want to avoid Pirelli P-Zeros if I can, I find them too soft after having them on my D3.

HPsauce
8th April 2015, 09:25 AM
Michelin Pilot Super Sports if on 20's. +++

What size wheels? I have two nearly-new Bridgestones in the for-sale section. 245/45R18. ;)

Conquistador
8th April 2015, 09:29 AM
Ah, I have the 18" 6-spoke wheels

Size 245/45 18"

HPsauce
8th April 2015, 09:29 AM
These will fit then, if you're interested: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9757 :cool:
Haven't taken photos yet, but will do now the weather is better.

Edit: Photos added to for sale thread.

Cornershop
8th April 2015, 11:57 AM
I'm getting 4 Goodyear efficientgrips 245/45/18 Y 100XL A0 fitted tomorrow by kwikfit mobile for £527.50 (cheapest mobile deal I could find).

I went for a lower dB (68) rather than outright performance and a higher dB (70) which the Goodyear Assymetric2 offers.

Maybe I'm getting a bit old?

sarg
8th April 2015, 12:08 PM
Can't give any recommendations from experience, but will be replacing the M3 tyres soon with Rainsport3, have read some excellent reviews and they're great value for money compared to Michelin PS

HPsauce
8th April 2015, 12:54 PM
I'm getting 4 Goodyear efficientgrips That's what I have on my Focus, though a smaller and cheaper size vs an A8. :ROFL:

Cornershop
8th April 2015, 01:01 PM
That's what I have on my Focus, though a smaller and cheaper size vs an A8. :ROFL: I can imagine! For what it's worth, these are A0 spec (Audi approved) so are used on new cars I assume from the factory.

That probably adds £20 per corner to the price if Porsche spec tyres are anything to go by!

MrHooky
21st June 2015, 10:37 AM
To add to this, just had 4 Goodyear Eagle F1s fitted for £476 (fitted and balanced). Thought a very good price indeed.

Some pics and thread here...

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?p=95666#post95666