PDA

View Full Version : 18" Avus tyre views

MrHooky
17th April 2015, 08:41 PM
Help and thoughts required...

I've parked the idea of going up to 20s just yet, the cost of getting the right tyres and rims not a priority given upcoming house purchase.

I am however going to replace the 4 terrible tyres on the car (3 of which are a brand I don't recognise). I've short listed 3 tyres:

Toyo T1s
Goodyear Eagle F1s
Pirelli Pzero

I've always ran Pzeros on my 3.2 8N TT and I think they're a decent tyre. Decent all rounder and not too noisy (the TT is noisier than the S8 anyway).

Toyos looking around £95 per corner. The other just over £100.

Anyone care to offer any opinions? Tempted to stick to the Pzeros as it's what I know best but welcome thoughts.

Cheers

HPsauce
17th April 2015, 08:44 PM
I ran Bridgestones for the last few years on mine. RE050A's.

I've still got 2 left over after the upgrade to 20's. Nearly new, for sale: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9757

Cornershop
17th April 2015, 09:37 PM
I've just had some goodyear assymetric 2 fitted by kwikfit mobile for 527.50, with a £40 cash back offer to take off that price.

I had actually ordered the goodyear efficient grip in the same 245/45/18 size, however they didn't have them in stock so I stuck with the assymetric 2.

Only a few miles covered, however I covered a few thousand with the assymetrics on my old bmw e24 and the goodyear were much quieter and more performant than the falken 912 they replaced.

I can tell these assymetrics are quieter than the Pirelli zero I replaced on the S8, although they did only have 3mm tread on them.

thebluewhale
18th April 2015, 08:21 AM
I'm currently running Toyos (on 19s) and find them as good as the PZero Rossos they replaced +++