A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Travelling Again (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16197)

tintin 29th June 2021 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4332 (Post 165613)
Short update on my shenanigans.
Last week I did a five day tour based in Tenby. Lovely holiday but those lanes are a bit narrow for my coach.
I was down for a few lazy weeks but life as ever happened, a driver called in sick and I have landed up doing his six day Llandudno tour. Only problem is this is a "Diner" tour. We feed and water them whilst travelling. The other driver uses his wife as a hostess and I had to find a helper overnight. Luckily a friend offered to help, never done it before but she's turned out magic.
Yesterday we did the Bets, Llanberis circular. Today I'm putting them on the Festiniog where they will be nurtured. So once we have them on the train we can relax and enjoy the ride.
Tomorrow is my rest day, Thursday Angelsea circular and Beaumaris.
Friday home for a lunchtime finish.

That sounds mildly bearable then & I'm sure the company - and the weather! - is helping. Enjoy...:)

vagdream 29th June 2021 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4332 (Post 165613)
Short update on my shenanigans.
Last week I did a five day tour based in Tenby. Lovely holiday but those lanes are a bit narrow for my coach.
I was down for a few lazy weeks but life as ever happened, a driver called in sick and I have landed up doing his six day Llandudno tour. Only problem is this is a "Diner" tour. We feed and water them whilst travelling. The other driver uses his wife as a hostess and I had to find a helper overnight. Luckily a friend offered to help, never done it before but she's turned out magic.
Yesterday we did the Bets, Llanberis circular. Today I'm putting them on the Festiniog where they will be nurtured. So once we have them on the train we can relax and enjoy the ride.
Tomorrow is my rest day, Thursday Angelsea circular and Beaumaris.
Friday home for a lunchtime finish.

Ray, Enjoy your time in God's principality

tc4332 16th July 2021 04:44 PM

Here we go again.
Sunday doing a seven day tour to Llandudno but only the first two days because Friday 23rd I am flying to Hamburg for a week with my daughter near Luneburg.
Sunday travelling via a Llangollen lunch stop, Horseshoe Pass to Llandudno.
Monday doing Betws-y-Coed for lunch then using A5 to Bangor and on to Conwy for a 90 minute stop.
Tuseday another driver takes over and I will have the pleasure of being driven home by one of our young drivers.
When home on Tuesday I'll organise another Covid test to be fully covered for Germany. Though being double vaccinated I don't need to take the test in either direction from the 19th.
Two evenings in The Chatsworth House Hotel.
Think I know the way to Llandudno now.

HPsauce 16th July 2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4332 (Post 165859)
Though being double vaccinated I don't need to take the test in either direction from the 19th.

I wouldn't take that as gospel Ray, check with both Governments.
Not needing to quarantine I believe, but you may still need tests.
I believe Germany is on our amber list so you would need to take a test 2 days after returning.
See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...and#green-list

Not sure what the various airlines are requiring in addition, if anything.

tc4332 16th July 2021 09:16 PM

I'll arrange test in both directions to cover everything.
The Gov pages are rather confusing. Officials say one thing but web pages don't fully agree. Some pages mention 19th but again don't clarify sufficiently.
I'll look again after the 19th, someone just might get their digit out.
My family and friends in Germany are all safe. Different for my Dutch friends in Valkenburg, they were evacuated last night but back home today. House and farm some water damage but there restaurant also suffered.

tc4332 19th September 2021 02:26 PM

Sorry I've not updated for a while, work has been rather hectic.
The German trip went really well. Getting there and the actual holiday were brilliant and faultless. Even had a day horse riding and another day bike riding. Had a day in Hamburg at the Miniature Wonderland where I was taken backstage by one of the engineers. It was the return that was traumatic. I had to take a PCR costing 120 Euro in Germany before I could fly from Hamburg. In Frankfurt I had to pay £85 for a three day postal PCR test before flying from there to Manchester.
Work wise I've been everywhere, well not far off, with two funerals and the National Memorial at Arewas where I carried The Standard. I did a four day Lytham St Annes tour, a beatles tour in Liverpool for a load of Americans off a cruise ship, two trips to Southampton with people joining cruise ships returning empty. Friday I finished a five day Blackpool Hallucinations Tour and then collected the car and friends and family for a drive to Colne Muni where we attended a One Night of Queen concert. After the gig backstage with every one and finally arrived home at 02:00 Saturday morning. That was a long day. Thursday I'm off to Llandudno where One Night of Queen are performing, I'll be on my own so will be able to spend from lunchtime with the group, back to my teenage years. A latter day Groupie.

tintin 19th September 2021 02:30 PM

I needed a lie down just reading this Ray. Well done you - if I'm getting about like you do in 20 years time then I'll be very happy +++

steamship 19th September 2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 166766)
I needed a lie down just reading this Ray.

Glad I'm not the only one who's breathless after reading of Ray's 'retirement' shenanigans. :D

Now if he could only bottle and sell it to the rest of us.

tc4332 15th October 2021 03:25 PM

Update Nş 999 or something.
Llandudno at the Venu was brilliant, had a full day with them prior to the evening gig. Immediately after the concert they had to fly to Paris in preparation for the French tour, they wanted me to travel with them but being needed elsewhere I had to decline this time.
Last weekend I did a four day Hallucinations tour, yes Blackpool again.
Wednesday did a Rivington Hall Barn tea dance with a gang of ladies, annual job but the food is good.
Saturday 16th doing two hours in Beverley and a couple of hours in York.
Monday 18th five day in Torquay so busy busy.

Conan_the_Librarian 15th October 2021 06:27 PM

Where are you staying down here Ray? Catch up for a :cheers: