A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   D2 Avus wheels (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14246)

Duffy 13th June 2018 07:46 PM

All noted so FL Avus wheels it’ll be then

:)

IT 13th June 2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 142750)
Consider yourself corrected. :tuttut:

The Avus 17s I had on my PF for winter were a very tight fit on the FL, balance weights would catch depending where placed. So I never fitted them to it, though thin spacers could have fixed the problem.

Having acquired the FL I sold those 17s and used PF 18's (not sure how I acquired those...) as winter wheels until I got my first set of 20's. At which point the FL Avus 18's became winter wheels.
(And eventually through a series of deals the PF Avus 18s and 20s both went and I acquired my current diamond-cut 20s and shod them with the dual-compound Michelin PS4S tyres)

Happy for the correction, but to be clear - You bought the FL S8 with 18" FL Avus on, but removed those to run PF Avus over winter ?

HPsauce 13th June 2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 142762)
Happy for the correction, but to be clear - You bought the FL S8 with 18" FL Avus on, but removed those to run PF Avus over winter ?

Exactly. Not the winter I bought it (Jan 2013 IIRC), but I had a PF set by November 2013 with winter tyres on.

I've still got most of those tyres, now on the FL 18" Avus.

We had for several years, a family situation which meant that we HAD to be able to run either of our cars in almost any weather. So both the S8 and the Focus had separate winter wheels.
Once you get into the habit you keep it, there are quite a few advantages despite an initial outlay and some ongoing costs.
We no longer have that family constraint, but the Volvo will probably be moved to Michelin CrossClimates when the current tyres are reasonably worn.

tintin 13th June 2018 10:58 PM

To sell or not to sell, that is the question....

1 Attachment(s)
I have a mint set of Avus wheels (plus tyres, if required...), which I bought this year for Herman's summer role as a "Ronin lookalike" at this year's car events @ London Classics (see photo), Carfest North, and our annual meet last month.

I wasn't planning on getting rid of them, as they've sort of grown on me, but I could be persuaded to part with them, if you're looking for a really mint set of Avus 18s.

I have a set of 18" W12s already shod with Michelin PA4s, so they'll probably go back on the car instead come wintertime, and I could put my diamond cut 20" FE wheels back on in the meantime.

Duffy 14th June 2018 05:52 AM

I’d normally refurbish whatever I got albeit they are for winter tyres rather than show car use.

Do you have a price in mind?

tintin 14th June 2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy (Post 142773)
I’d normally refurbish whatever I got albeit they are for winter tyres rather than show car use.

Do you have a price in mind?

Not really, as I said, I wasn't planning on selling them. PM me if you are really interested - and bear in mind they wouldn't be coming off until August at the earliest, after Carfest North is over.

Duffy 15th June 2018 12:31 PM

Still looking!

tintin 15th June 2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy (Post 142850)
Still looking!

Good luck ;)

Duffy 15th June 2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 142854)
Good luck ;)

And you too ;)

Dezzy 16th June 2018 08:40 PM

If its just for wintets what about a set of sport rims.