A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   SOUTHERN A8/S8 Meet - Sunday 11th September 2016 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12040)

IT 8th September 2016 08:16 AM

There is a slim, outside change I can make this:

I'm working in docklands this weekend.

If it goes really well, I'll be out by lunch time Saturday and on my way home north.

If it goes really bad, I'll still be pulling hair out by Sunday evening.

But, if its somewhere in between I might be far enough south with some spare time on my hands to make it. No promises though. +++

pete-p 8th September 2016 12:53 PM

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this. :-(

I was really hoping to go as I've not been to Beaulieu before, but just have too much else on this weekend.

barzya8 9th September 2016 12:28 PM

Hi Neil,
Can you please confirm if this meet is still on or whether you are cancelling it.
I for one would still like to meet if only at Port Solent. Happy to cruise to
Beaulieu as well, if there is enough of us attending.
Thanks for organizing this meet, even though there appears to be poor support from the Mid South.
Hopefully I will still see you Sunday
David ++++++

RS6 9th September 2016 01:12 PM

seems a very poor turn out :(

Im still up for meeting sun at port solent

Anyway will get up early and clean the motor all the same :love:

failing any changes will be at ADI

RS6 9th September 2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete-p (Post 117293)
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this. :-(

I was really hoping to go as I've not been to Beaulieu before, but just have too much else on this weekend.

Come down!!...........please +++ :(

mannyo 9th September 2016 05:00 PM

Well I am going to Beaulieu, if Neil confirms still on. Can't really justify the run to port solent, pretty broke cash wise at the moment given its payday next Wednesday.

Small turnout is no problem I don't think. The small meet we had 2 weeks ago was equally low turnout.

Next Thursday I am attending a meet for another VAG brand, and it looks like the turnout is going to be just two. Best part is that neither of us own a car of the particular Marque and we both have Audis.

oldnick 9th September 2016 05:11 PM

if south meant the south of france could make it !

Architex_mA8tey 10th September 2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barzya8 (Post 117315)
Hi Neil,
Can you please confirm if this meet is still on or whether you are cancelling it.
I for one would still like to meet if only at Port Solent. Happy to cruise to
Beaulieu as well, if there is enough of us attending.
Thanks for organizing this meet, even though there appears to be poor support from the Mid South.
Hopefully I will still see you Sunday
David ++++++

Yes still coming - bringing the D2 for a run
See as many of you as possible at port Solent so we can have brekkie, chat, talk car bollox and cruise to Beaulieu!
I've even organised a nice sunny day!!

IT 10th September 2016 02:51 PM

Sadly things have gone well today so I'm heading north shortly and wont be able to come down, twas a slim chance only.

Got to say I've really enjoyed the run down in the D4. It seems to have grown on me...

Have a good mini meet tomorrow +++

mannyo 10th September 2016 06:39 PM

Neil, what time do you think you'll be at Beaulieu. Looking at google earth the car park is quiet large if you are there before me then send a message on FB. I'll do the same if I cannot find you.