A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Time to say Farewell (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16122)

HPsauce 11th February 2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 162971)
may well get bestowed the S8 GUD number plate shortly!

That plate has been burning a hole in the back of your brain for many years! :ROFL:

But how will you cope with the extra 500 normally-aspirated cc's...….

tonupkid 11th February 2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 162983)
That plate has been burning a hole in the back of your brain for many years! :ROFL:

I've experienced Neil's driving and expect he will waft as smoothly as ever, the pro he is, no matter how many cc's or BHP's nestle under his finely calibrated right foot.

steamship 11th February 2021 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by S81 (Post 162975)
Is the 3rd car in pic also an 8 ? ,if so thats a fairly serious addiction ,( ps i like your new addition)

Can't say for certain, but it may well be this one here with the S8 plate.

briang9 11th February 2021 10:18 PM

Congratulations Neil, looks like you got a lovely well looked after example, let's hope we can see it soon when all this Covid malarky is over +++

HPsauce 12th February 2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 162986)

Beverley reminded me the other day that it looked like we had 5 big black identical-looking cars there, but actually they were all different and I don't think any were black!

Architex_mA8tey 12th February 2021 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 162972)
Well done, Neil, congratulations +++ though I do have to confess I guessed someone else. :o

Thanks Andrew - I'm intrigued who you thought it was?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 162973)
Quite the collection... and I don't mean the sets of wheels +++

Thanks Sean, yes erm. . . wheels are another small distraction :ROFL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by S81 (Post 162975)
Is the 3rd car in pic also an 8 ? ,if so thats a fairly serious addiction ,( ps i like your new addition)

Yes that one is an A8L 4.2 D3 Petrol / LPG I have a few more 8's I do Unit Car and Chauffeur Car work with . . . . or rather I DID before this current pandemic :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 162976)
Well, id never have guessed :rolleyes: you'll be spoilt for choice now Neil. Good news all round though.

Thanks David - I'll try to rotate all of the cars fairly so none get too jealous! I havent even mentioned the A2 1.6 FSi Sport I just bought in Dolphin Grey with a Votex Body Kit and the seperate Red leather interior which is going into it . . . . :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 162977)
He's got nearly as many as I have! :ROFL:

Edit: all of Neil's work though :o

Not D2's I havent!! and this is my first S8 and FE so its allowed :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 162978)
Ian/IT's clue was a bit of giveaway, I think (if you didn't know already...)

I still think he has a size fixation, needs some therapy I think :ROFL:
I've had many engine sizes and BHPs but his memory is also probably fading as he gets older :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 162982)
Garage of joy :) Congratulations. I hope you all have a long and happy relationship, with perhaps the putter of a little one in your future :ROFL:

Thank you Nick - as above I've already had the joyful arrival of a baby D2, its called an A2! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 162983)

Not in the least - I actually quite like the plate which is on the car its an MK plate which probably means the car was first registered by Audi UK at Milton Keynes, and the letters are FFE . . .Fantastic Final Edition! :love:

Perhaps you've caught Ians condition as well Andrew? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 162985)
I've experienced Neil's driving and expect he will waft as smoothly as ever, the pro he is, no matter how many cc's or BHP's nestle under his finely calibrated right foot.

Why thank you kind sire . . . .and as TinTin will attest this also presents itself as much improved MPG when I want it to as well! +++

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 162986)

Yup its that very one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 162988)
Congratulations Neil, looks like you got a lovely well looked after example, let's hope we can see it soon when all this Covid malarky is over +++

Thanks Brian! Yes same here - can't wait to be able to meet up again and talk more car b*ll0cks! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 162992)
Beverley reminded me the other day that it looked like we had 5 big black identical-looking cars there, but actually they were all different and I don't think any were black!

I think Nick's D3 S8 was Metallic black but it was hard to tell due to being mostly covered in sand!
:ROFL:

HPsauce 12th February 2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 162993)
Thanks Andrew - I'm intrigued who you thought it was?

It's a bit off the wall, but I actually suspected Connor! :Confused:

Architex_mA8tey 12th February 2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 162994)

Really? :Confused:
It would appear for now that he's gone down a darker route (BMW)
Come on Brian - sort him out!! +++

tintin 12th February 2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 162994)

:ROFL: Funniest thing I've heard today. At some point, maybe, but not for a while, I suspect...:rolleyes:

RICKY D 12th February 2021 12:46 PM

Sad to see you leave the D2 fold David, but I’m happy you still have the Audi S5 :D

That is a stunning TR6 you have there. My Dad has a Tahiti Blue Triumph Stag which he’s been slowing doing up over the past 18 months. He gets more looks in that than any other car he drives. You will find the same thing for you in the TR6 I’m sure ;)

Neil, congrats on the purchase. I’ve seen David’s FE in person when we met at the Black Swan Breakfast club and it’s a fine example. You’ve chosen well +++