A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   SOUTHERN A8/S8 Meet - Sunday 11th September 2016 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12040)

Architex_mA8tey 21st August 2016 09:54 AM

SOUTHERN A8/S8 Meet - Sunday 11th September 2016

5 Attachment(s)
SOUTHERN A8/S8 Meet - Sunday 11th September 2016

Meet at 09:00am for breakfast at
Deans Diner (American Diner by the Harbour)
The Boardwalk,
Port Solent,
Portsmouth,
PO6 4TP

Plenty of free parking!
website - http://deansdiner.co.uk/

Menu attached as PDF

Then Cruise to:

National Motor Museum
Beaulieu,

New Forest,
Hampshire,
United Kingdom
SO42 7ZN

Websites :
https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/attractio...-motor-museum/
https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/

Opening Hours 10am - 5pm

Group Rate (15+ Persons)
2016 prices:
Adult: £15.00
Senior: £13.75
Youth (13-17): £9.30
Child (5-12): £7.90

Details attached as PDF

Architex_mA8tey 21st August 2016 09:55 AM

Attendance List -

1. Architex mA8tey 1 Person

barzya8 22nd August 2016 07:10 AM

It's a shame it's not a week earlier. I am away on the 13th Sept, so can't make it :-(:mad::(

Architex_mA8tey 22nd August 2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barzya8 (Post 116480)
It's a shame it's not a week earlier. I am away on the 13th Sept, so can't make it :-(:mad::(

Changed it to a week earlier - not a problem and it avoids a clash with the MX5 meeting that was at Beaulieu plus the totally VAG meet in Exeter the following weekend +++

Attendance List -

1. Architex mA8tey - 1 Person
2. BarzyA8 - 2 Persons?

barzya8 22nd August 2016 09:01 AM

Great . Thanks. Looking forward to it ++++++

Architex_mA8tey 22nd August 2016 11:15 AM

2. BarzyA8 - 2 Persons?

Maybes
1. PeterP
2. ScottD3
3. Ollie/Sean

pete-p 22nd August 2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 116490)

Maybes
1. PeterP
2. ScottD3
3. Ollie/Sean

Still waiting on settlement for my car, and will need to check with the boss of course!

HPsauce 28th August 2016 08:30 PM

Sorry Neil, 11th or 18th can't make either; shame as the location/venue is great. :(
On 11th I'll be in Essex recovering from a night out here: http://www.thewoodford-e18.com/
And on 18th I'm at a school reunion with a select (surviving) few of my oldest friends, several of whom I've known over 60 years!

MikkiJayne 29th August 2016 04:55 PM

Clashes with the motor club Autosolo unfortunately :( I'll plan for ADI instead/

Architex_mA8tey 1st September 2016 09:06 PM

Any more for this - come on you lot do I have to start phoning everyone and moaning at you all again!! LOL
Who can resist a nice trip to an american diner, cruise through the new forest to the biggest CAR MUSEUM in the country. . . . . :D
We need a bit of support for these things otherwise I'll stop bothering to organise the damn things!!!! :rolleyes:

RS6 2nd September 2016 06:43 PM

Hell yes!!!!!

Missed the last meet at audi's in the park due to a few issues now all resolved

what about sunday oct 2nd? everyone could do that? maybe an option???

I will meet you chaps at beaulieu ++++++ 20mins away from me count me in!

Are we in the grounds went to honda meet in there once, they let you drive and park on the tarmac or just general public bit we need big numbers for the beaulieu one i know we can do it!! :)

RS6 2nd September 2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete-p (Post 116494)
Still waiting on settlement for my car, and will need to check with the boss of course!

We need you down! +++

RS6 2nd September 2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 116937)
Any more for this - come on you lot do I have to start phoning everyone and moaning at you all again!! LOL
Who can resist a nice trip to an american diner, cruise through the new forest to the biggest CAR MUSEUM in the country. . . . . :D
We need a bit of support for these things otherwise I'll stop bothering to organise the damn things!!!! :rolleyes:

Don't stop we really do appreciate the effort that goes in behind the scenes thankyou! +++

I could post this thread on RS246.com as they have audi S8 d2 owners on there also just let me know if needed to spread the word

Architex_mA8tey 2nd September 2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS6 (Post 116977)
Hell yes!!!!!

Missed the last meet at audi's in the park due to a few issues now all resolved

what about sunday oct 2nd? everyone could do that? maybe an option???

I will meet you chaps at beaulieu ++++++ 20mins away from me count me in!

Are we in the grounds went to honda meet in there once, they let you drive and park on the tarmac or just general public bit we need big numbers for the beaulieu one i know we can do it!! :)

Glad you want to come but this is already arranged for a week next Sunday (11th September) as per the start of the thread, but please do come along if you can, we are meeting at port Solent for brekkie then driving there in a convoy hopefully +++

RS6 3rd September 2016 06:25 PM

Ok will join the convoy from port solent

Architex_mA8tey 3rd September 2016 08:41 PM

Great! +++. Any more??

2. BarzyA8 - 2 Persons?
3. RS6

Maybes
1. PeterP
2. ScottD3
3. Ollie/Sean

mannyo 5th September 2016 06:43 AM

Add me Neil, but I'll meet you all at the museum.

Architex_mA8tey 5th September 2016 06:48 AM

Any more??

2. BarzyA8 - 2 Persons?
3. RS6
4. Mannyo (Meet at Beaulieu)

Maybes
1. PeterP
2. ScottD3
3. Ollie/Sean

Architex_mA8tey 8th September 2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 117091)
Any more??

2. BarzyA8 - 2 Persons?
3. RS6
4. Mannyo (Meet at Beaulieu)

Maybes
1. PeterP
2. ScottD3
3. Ollie/Sean
4. Audidothat (Meet at Beaulieu)

I'm seriously thinking of abandoning this meet on Sunday but need some input from all please asap -

I'm amazed so many want to go straight to Beaulieu, how can you have a car meet without having a cruise somewhere with all the cars together??
The chances of all ending up together in the car park at Beaulieu if we dont arrive together is almost nil!
At the moment there are only 3 cars fully committed to coming and 4 maybes, but we really need people to commit or say they are not coming now so that I can decide whether to cancel this meet or not?

Like I said before, sorry but I'm not up for keep organising these things if there isn't enough support/numbers to attend them, we just wont have as many meets!

ScottD3 8th September 2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 117281)
I'm seriously thinking of abandoning this meet on Sunday but need some input from all please asap -

I'm amazed so many want to go straight to Beaulieu, how can you have a car meet without having a cruise somewhere with all the cars together??
The chances of all ending up together in the car park at Beaulieu if we dont arrive together is almost nil!
At the moment there are only 3 cars fully committed to coming and 4 maybes, but we really need people to commit or say they are not coming now so that I can decide whether to cancel this meet or not?

Like I said before, sorry but I'm not up for keep organising these things if there isn't enough support/numbers to attend them, we just wont have as many meets!

Hi Neil,

I'd love to come but due to current situation, I'm unable to attend.

Hopefully next year I can attend some more meets.

IT 8th September 2016 08:16 AM

There is a slim, outside change I can make this:

I'm working in docklands this weekend.

If it goes really well, I'll be out by lunch time Saturday and on my way home north.

If it goes really bad, I'll still be pulling hair out by Sunday evening.

But, if its somewhere in between I might be far enough south with some spare time on my hands to make it. No promises though. +++

pete-p 8th September 2016 12:53 PM

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this. :-(

I was really hoping to go as I've not been to Beaulieu before, but just have too much else on this weekend.

barzya8 9th September 2016 12:28 PM

Hi Neil,
Can you please confirm if this meet is still on or whether you are cancelling it.
I for one would still like to meet if only at Port Solent. Happy to cruise to
Beaulieu as well, if there is enough of us attending.
Thanks for organizing this meet, even though there appears to be poor support from the Mid South.
Hopefully I will still see you Sunday
David ++++++

RS6 9th September 2016 01:12 PM

seems a very poor turn out :(

Im still up for meeting sun at port solent

Anyway will get up early and clean the motor all the same :love:

failing any changes will be at ADI

RS6 9th September 2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete-p (Post 117293)
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this. :-(

I was really hoping to go as I've not been to Beaulieu before, but just have too much else on this weekend.

Come down!!...........please +++ :(

mannyo 9th September 2016 05:00 PM

Well I am going to Beaulieu, if Neil confirms still on. Can't really justify the run to port solent, pretty broke cash wise at the moment given its payday next Wednesday.

Small turnout is no problem I don't think. The small meet we had 2 weeks ago was equally low turnout.

Next Thursday I am attending a meet for another VAG brand, and it looks like the turnout is going to be just two. Best part is that neither of us own a car of the particular Marque and we both have Audis.

oldnick 9th September 2016 05:11 PM

if south meant the south of france could make it !

Architex_mA8tey 10th September 2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barzya8 (Post 117315)
Hi Neil,
Can you please confirm if this meet is still on or whether you are cancelling it.
I for one would still like to meet if only at Port Solent. Happy to cruise to
Beaulieu as well, if there is enough of us attending.
Thanks for organizing this meet, even though there appears to be poor support from the Mid South.
Hopefully I will still see you Sunday
David ++++++

Yes still coming - bringing the D2 for a run
See as many of you as possible at port Solent so we can have brekkie, chat, talk car bollox and cruise to Beaulieu!
I've even organised a nice sunny day!!

IT 10th September 2016 02:51 PM

Sadly things have gone well today so I'm heading north shortly and wont be able to come down, twas a slim chance only.

Got to say I've really enjoyed the run down in the D4. It seems to have grown on me...

Have a good mini meet tomorrow +++

mannyo 10th September 2016 06:39 PM

Neil, what time do you think you'll be at Beaulieu. Looking at google earth the car park is quiet large if you are there before me then send a message on FB. I'll do the same if I cannot find you.

Architex_mA8tey 11th September 2016 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannyo (Post 117349)
Neil, what time do you think you'll be at Beaulieu. Looking at google earth the car park is quiet large if you are there before me then send a message on FB. I'll do the same if I cannot find you.

Hi Manny - not sure it depends on what time everyone arrives by and takes to have breakfast which will then dictate what time we leave. Best guess is leave at about 10:15 arrive at 11:00am but could be 15-30 mins either side of that.
Also I don't think we will get a choice of where to park when everyone arrives so you will be directed to an area of the car park - which is why I wanted to cruise there together! Suggest possibly waiting somewhere on the road down to Beaulieu so that you can pick us up on the way through?

Architex_mA8tey 11th September 2016 07:38 AM

When you arrive at port solent go over the main boardwalk roundabout and then turn first right into the car park there and I'll be parked on the right as you come in +++

mannyo 11th September 2016 07:44 AM

Neil, just looking at the route from Portsmouth to the museum, will you be coming in through the Totton way or Lyndhurst?

There is a garden centre just to the south of the museum.
High St, Beaulieu SO42 7YB

I'll head there, I'll PM my mobile number.

mannyo 11th September 2016 03:50 PM

Thanks for organising Neil, recently got back home.

Fantastic weather and a great day out in a place I've not been to before despite living reasonably close.

Shame the attendance was so low, given that it was a fantastic day.