A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Top Gear 2017 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12678)

pete-p 8th February 2017 01:24 PM

New Top Gear 2017

Not sure if this has been posted already.

I saw the trailer for the new TG recently, whilst it looks entertaining, I was rather hoping the format would change a bit more. It looks like they are still doing the challenges that were in the previous series and also on The Grand Tour.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...p-gear-trailer

Hopefully there will be better reviews of cars and more chemistry between the presenters. Just have to wait and see.

Ameiseuk 8th February 2017 03:42 PM

They will have a hard act to follow, just watched the last episode of Grand Tour, the bugs have been ironed out of the new program.
Clarkson, May and Hammond are beginning to get into their stride.

Me wants the 2000hp Nissan Patrol!!!!

moltuae 8th February 2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ameiseuk (Post 124157)
They will have a hard act to follow, just watched the last episode of Grand Tour, the bugs have been ironed out of the new program.
Clarkson, May and Hammond are beginning to get into their stride.

Me wants the 2000hp Nissan Patrol!!!!

Yeah, I would've loved to have seen more info on that thing! Jeez that was quick! :eek2:

I agree. The last episode was the best so far I think. Looking forward to the new series already.

Joe2.0E 8th February 2017 05:27 PM

Any idea when the next series will be launched ?

Ameiseuk 8th February 2017 08:02 PM

Nissan Skyline R33 GTR drivetrain with RB26 engine tuned to 2000hp
Apparently quite an easy build on to a short wheel base Y61 Patrol.

I've had both a Y60 and Y61 patrol over the years - absolute bucket loads of room in the engine bay to fit. Probably why the Porsche slaying Patrol looked so stock (apart from the wide rims with slick tyres)

M-A8 9th February 2017 10:42 AM

I am actually looking forward to this year's Top Gear without the Gingerbread man.

When it comes to GT, I have a mixed feelings after seeing the entire season. Quite few good episodes, but some were just a waste of time.

Teffers 9th February 2017 12:16 PM

There's room for both shows.

As car enthusiasts, we're underserved. Having both to watch is a real bonus :)

LeBlanc will be great, Reid always impresses with his presenting style (and has done for years on CneT) and Harris lends the show credibility with hardcore petrol heads who've enjoyed his thing for years now.

The only question mark for me, is the creative team behind the show. With key writers leaving the BBC to go to W Chump & Sons - can the remaining guys come up with good content?

I think they'll be OK.

pete-p 6th March 2017 02:38 PM

I watched the new series of Top Gear last night, did anyone else here?

I thought the first episode was quite good and much better than last years. As much as I don't like the "celebrity" section it was good to see the old track back.

One thing I would like is for them to actually test a car, I don't mean s £2m Ferrari but something a little more down to earth! I know Rory said he's looking at a Renault Twingo(?) soon so maybe there will be more of that coming up.

Looking forward to the next episode.

tintin 6th March 2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete-p (Post 125541)
I watched the new series of Top Gear last night, did anyone else here?

I thought the first episode was quite good and much better than last years. As much as I don't like the "celebrity" section it was good to see the old track back.

One thing I would like is for them to actually test a car, I don't mean s £2m Ferrari but something a little more down to earth! I know Rory said he's looking at a Renault Twingo(?) soon so maybe there will be more of that coming up.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Not watched in yet, will do tonight, based on the generally excellent feedback that it seems to be getting in the press (and you ;) )

Joe2.0E 6th March 2017 03:22 PM

Much improved in lots of ways in my opinion. Great to see the piece on "high milers" showing there is plenty of life left in a car with 500K miles on it.
It clearly doesn't have the budget of the Amazon produced series but in ways it may be all the better for it.