View Single Post
Old 30th April 2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
In my case it was - in the first instance - not an Audi at all, but a Lexus LS, when a work colleague picked me up at O'Hare Airport in late '90s in his immaculate LS400. I couldn't believe the quality, quietness and comfort of it, which piqued my interest in "luxobarges" (although I hate that term!).

Three or four years later, that interest morphed from Lexus to Audi (predictably...) when I saw Ronin in 2002, and another six years later - after looking at loads and loads of D2s - I ended up with Herman, and have never regretted that choice.

However, I still have a soft spot for the big Lexus though, and this new Jay Emm review:

https://youtu.be/tLxpYEVe8uA

of the 600Lh brought back all of the charms of this lovely limo - as well as him giving a little nod to the S8 over the Merc and BMW
You’re not alone in the appreciation for the Lexus LS series. I also have a huge soft spot for them. Great cars and I would still like to get one of the earlier models if I had the space (story of my life).

Regarding what led me to my 8, it was a visit to the Earl’s Court motor show when I was still a kid with my uncle in the early/mid 90’s ( can’t remember the exact year) and I saw the “chrome” A8 on a stand and I said one day I will own one of these cars. About 20 years later I bought my first A8 2.8 and I’ve had an 8 in some capacity for the past 7 years since.

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Glacier White