A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th March 2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian@A8Parts View Post
Is yours a 'normal' non-import xbox?

I find it hard to believe that Microsoft have 'assumed' that all PAL hardware can cope with 60hz, indeed most can, but its a pi** poor assumption to make if the games default to 60hz for a slightly improved picture quality (or not, in this case <doh>)

I've never had an xbox so I'm talking a bit blind here, but seems a bit shortsighted design wise...

What other outputs does the xbox have to play with? RF by any chance ?

Ian yer its UK spec, u can start up the xbox 360 on 50hz and watch dvd's but when u do games like forza 2 (car race game) click on start dvd drive to start game and comes up with your xbox360 is set to 50hz to play this game it needs to be set to 60hz.

For other out put u got hdi and thats it no RF. (RF on things like this is like going to find a record LP)
To top it all i picked kids up from school at 3.30 and just got back in at 6.45.
Some how the battery was flat wonder why? tells how much time i worked on car today tho LOL.
mmm hope campers warm tonight

Only other thing i worked out that might be problem, if u have xbox360 on 60hz and watch it on North USA xbox is b/w games r b/w dvd makes screen roll
is this because dvd is pal and this converter would cure this? if not its not a problem, as i got cunning plan to get everythink working, aslong as this box will cure the xbox been in b/w at 60hz on North USA.

If this dont work is the newer satnav 60hz??

UPDate
old xbox works fine.
wii same issue i got
ps3 same issue i got
ps2 dont know its got dark but ile update that tomorrow but ide say it will work fine

Last edited by A8 Owner; 9th March 2009 at 06:04 PM.