A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th April 2012, 09:49 PM

Default Thanks IT!

Wanted to say a big thank you to Ian, as if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be going to Germany tomorrow. I tried changing my steering wheel and made a real mess of it, the ABS and ESP needed calibrating and it was way beyond my level of expertise. Got the car to Ian up in Harrogate who took it all in his stride, it took him a good few hours but he coded and calibrated the systems and wired up and fitted my wheel, he even gave me the slip ring out of his car as I'd broken mine. I can't thank him enough, the drive from Harrogate to Maidstone was worth it to have my new wheel on. I hope you enjoyed your test drive in the plus, quick isn't it?

Also, I'd like to say a big thank you to Sergey (Notorious) on here, I asked him for advice as he has done the steering wheel swap previously. He spent a lot of time researching codes and Elsa for me, and rang a few times to offer advice and see how I was getting on. Thanks Sergey. You guys are both a credit to this forum
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds