A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 21st May 2016, 02:46 AM

Quote:
with an extra 20%
I would probably wait till next weekend, there are usually bigger discounts around bank holidays.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 21st May 2016, 06:28 AM

Goran - it'll just be a library photo on their Web site (from memory if you zoom in the part number doesn't match)

I'm picking them up this am so will post a pic

Ainars - you're most likely right but I'm away next weekend and it may well be getting done next week or just after the bank holiday at that saving over tps prices I can't really complain

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 21st May 2016, 07:56 AM

Here you go - correct Bosch part number FGR6KQE / quick order code 7413

Made in Germany

Happy days
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	421.0 KB
ID:	13390  

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 21st May 2016, 08:52 AM

Thanks Adrian
Old 24th May 2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
I would probably wait till next weekend, there are usually bigger discounts around bank holidays.
Spot on, as usual! E-mail today quoting 'HOLIDAY25' code for 25% discount, taking the price for 8 plugs down to £44.34

Old 24th May 2016, 09:46 AM

I got e-mail as well. Says 'Daily Deal Ends Midnight Tonight'. I would not be surprised at all to get another one for 30% at the actual bank holiday weekend.
I am replacing clutch on A6, already have clutch bought 4 years ago but might need flywheel as well. Planning to take it apart tomorrow and will decide if flywheel needs replacing as well so hoping for even better bank holiday deals if it does.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 24th May 2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 24th May 2016, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the codes!
I'm now piling up a list of things I may need in the future.

Surprisingly they even have a clutch kit for the manual S8! they even know the right gearbox code, DGV.
Old 1st June 2016, 06:46 PM

BUR6EFSZ these are standard for my abz

BPR6EFIX-10 and thses are the iridium upgrade
both ngk

ill be looking for a set soon but i still get staff discount at the parts place i used to work soooo discount
Old 1st June 2016, 07:45 PM

Got the set of Bosch plugs from ECP. The only issue is that i was unable to select "normal" free delivery and the only option was DHL at £5.95! However, at £50.27 for eight it was hard to argue. All fitted now Next job, oil and filter change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spark plugs.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	13467   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spark plugs 2.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	13468  
Old 1st June 2016, 08:04 PM

Mine went in yesterday - ONLY difference to the plugs that came out was the lack of Audi 4 rings logo. Bosch part number on the metal part of the plug was identical

Inerestingly 1 plug wasn't tight, which I think happened to someone else recently? Was blowing by the plug judging by the burn marks on the insulator. Was plug number 1 (front drivers side?) That was lose and no5 was v tight apparently.