A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 4th September 2015, 02:02 PM

I stand corrected then, well either way it's for people to download if they want.
Old 4th September 2015, 03:09 PM

Mark I have VCDS, and I'm only in Warrington, so not a million miles if you want me to scan your car. With input from those more knowledgeable I'll gladly help in any way I can.

All the best. John.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 4th September 2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles View Post
I've used power iso to rip the update CD, ill leave it up for today so get it whilst its hot, as it's a right ****ter to get hold of.

i take no responsibility for what might happen to anyone's car if they choose to use this update disc, the onus is on yourselves if things go wrong, but i have used this disc on my own car and successfully went from 0770 to 5570 with the other discs that are easily found on the interweb without a hitch, good luck

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nbol39t6l...1%20H.iso?dl=0
Are you 100% sure you don't want anything dude? Just downloaded it, thanks very much! I'll still hang on for VCDS though.

Spoke to my dad before and he said it was very reluctant to start this morning, MMI screen came out then switched off and came back to life a few minutes later. I think a few missing menus might be the tip of the iceberg. Thank god it's got a years warranty with it!
Old 4th September 2015, 04:06 PM

That could well be the fact the battery wasn't coded, when vcds comes there is enough info with what to do on here for coding it be careful when charging the battery on the a8 as the battery management module can easily be fried if you don't use the neutral post that's on the car and try and use the neutral that's on the battery instead, best method is to remove battery all together and charge off the car but that will reset everything which can be a pain.

No it's fine honestly, iv used stuff people have put on the net for free in the past so it's nice to give back sometimes