A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 28th November 2012, 11:01 AM

He was fine.

Wasn't me driving, but from what I've been told: Mrs 66 on a major road; moving but slow moving traffic; little oncoming traffic. Succession of minor roads on the right; she indicates to turn into one, checks mirror and starts to turn, all without having to slow or stop. However, moped rider was overtaking the slow moving queue in the oncoming traffic lane. He saw her indicate (he admitted this) but couldn't avoid contact. She says she didn't see him in her mirror. He turned with her as a next best option but still clouted the offside of the car. All low speed stuff; he hit the deck but was properly clothed and OK, some scuffs on his bike. One hot sugary cup of tea later he was on his way. She seemed more shaken by it that him (he also admitted over teat that this was the second time he'd had an accident like that, so perhaps he's inured to it).

ETA: many years ago something v similar happened to me, except the moped rider stayed upright, looked panicked and drove off at speed. Quick visit to the cop shop disclosed that the moped was stolen. That contact put a hole in the driver's door skin, courtesy (I think) of the footrest on the moped.