PDA

View Full Version : Refurbish Brembo's ?

topcyclist
13th March 2011, 05:02 PM
Hi I have just gone through a new set of pads in a month thanks to sticking front callipers , my local dealer tells me the shims have had it and I need new callipers ......

Surely there must be someone who can refurbish these ? Anyone had any experiences , good or bad ?

Appreciate any help or thoughts on where to get a cheaper set of replacements

Thanks ,Steve

Conan_the_Librarian
13th March 2011, 05:39 PM
If you have Brembos then there are no shims. Are these your brakes?

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1664&stc=1&d=1300041548

They may well be Teves, in which case all parts are replaceable.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1665&stc=1&d=1300041767

Mr K
13th March 2011, 07:02 PM
Athough ive never used them, Big red come highly recommended from a lot of people. Including some nice polymer coatings, and a rage of colours (Inc black as factory).

Zip
14th March 2011, 11:36 AM
I had new disks and pads last month. Front nearside inside pad was dragging, overheating the disk, and has warped it. It was simply because of a small amount of muck and corrosion on the pistons barrels....which is perfactly normal if your last pads had been on a long time and run particularly low. The garage who fitted them (if it wasn't you...) should have checked that the pistons were retracting fully when they fitted them.

I am having a bit of a run in with Audi about this at the moment, trying to get them to fund another new disk because it is their fault that the first one warped.

Zip

mikes2
14th March 2011, 03:55 PM
Sounds like the slider plates have lifted due to corrosion behind them.

You can remove the plates by undoing the small bolts holding them in. T27 Torx if I remember correctly. Just make sure the bolt head is clean and the tool fits correctly as you don't want to strip the head on the bolt.

Once off, the corrosion can be removed with a file.

You'll need to reshape the plates in a vice afterwards.

Zip
16th May 2011, 01:13 PM
contacted Big Red, and they don't do the S8 Brembos.

Anyone found anyone else that will refurbish them?

Zip

Zip
16th May 2011, 01:22 PM
Anyone use these guys? Look good.

http://www.brake-caliper-painting.co.uk/index.html

Zip

SilverS8
28th July 2011, 06:53 PM
No news here?

New Brembos cost the same as complete exhaust and adjustable suspension:rolleyes:

:)

Singh
28th July 2011, 07:43 PM
I sold Topcylclist a set of Brembos I was going to put on the A8 before I decided to sell it. Not sure if he got them on in the end.

SilverS8
21st August 2011, 05:45 PM
Bumping this one again.

There has to be somewhere we can buy new pistons and slider plates for these calipers? om my RS2 i got all those parts new from a Porsche garage..

Does anyone know IF these calipers are fitted on any other car? or the Brembo part number for these calipers? That might help us..

:)

Zip
1st December 2011, 11:40 AM
I'm about to use Godspeed to refurbish my calipers....£75 each side (shot blasted and repainted any colour you like).

Spoke to them yesterday - 2 to 3 days turnaround if your callipers are essentially sound. Will make up you pistons / seals at extra cost if they're needed.

www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk

Zip