A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Transmission

D2 - Transmission Gearboxes, diffs, drive shafts.

Old 11th August 2016, 07:10 PM

I would strongly recommend you have a look at the stickys at the top of this transmission as there is some good info on the sucky pumpy squirty thing as well as a statement from ZF regarding 5HP24 boxes as well as links to ZF service centres and their associated "agents".

This is a link to a ZF service agent locator:

http://www.zf.com/unitedkingdom/en_g...0000024/REPAIR

Old 12th August 2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
I would strongly recommend you have a look at the stickys at the top of this transmission as there is some good info on the sucky pumpy squirty thing as well as a statement from ZF regarding 5HP24 boxes as well as links to ZF service centres and their associated "agents".

This is a link to a ZF service agent locator:

http://www.zf.com/unitedkingdom/en_g...0000024/REPAIR

Yeh, I've been through quite a few of those stickys where I found the audipages links and also read about the machine you mention and got a bit confused as to whether a long drain did the same job, but apparently not. I also tried that ZF locator previously but when I select 'cars' and 'transmissions' I don't get any results? So it seems like the only place anyone can recommend is Chester Transmissions (and Penn Autos but that's somewhere way up north?).
Old 12th August 2016, 08:53 AM

Mackies in Glasgow and Chester Transmissions are the only two consistent recommendations you'll get on here, with some preferences for each from those on here: personally, I happily make the 200 mile trip to Mackies, though I'm only 30 miles from Chester.
Old 12th August 2016, 09:35 AM

The ZF agent locator certainly comes up with Mackies in Tollcross, Glasgow who know these boxes inside out (literally) and at £150 a service are v good value and highly recommended.
And it shows the following service agent in Bristol (tho you would need to check they do car transmissions):

Rollo Power Solutions

Unit 18 Garanor Way
Portbury
Bristol, Bristol
BS20 7XE
Great Britain
Phone: +44 (0)1275 377810

Last edited by David's8; 12th August 2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Missed info
Old 12th August 2016, 09:36 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

^^^^^^^
Wot he said!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 12th August 2016, 05:37 PM

Thanks everyone for the helpful posts.
Old 12th August 2016, 06:36 PM

I'm probably a little late to the party. but please take a look at my thread about a Clunking gearbox. I'd have no problem recommending either Chester or Mackie Transmissions - both were good to me.

2008 Audi S8