A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 11th May 2012, 08:47 PM

Default Help needed removing the CD Changer

Guys,

The MMI update was a breeze, but now I cannot get the changer out in order to put the AMI unit in.
When I put the removal keys in, I can hear a click, but they slide straight out when pulled. I tried applying outward force as a well as pulling, but to no avail. I also tried another set of keys, but nothing.

Any ideas on how I can get it to budge?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th May 2012, 09:32 PM

I think mine did the same at one point.. You can drop the glove box to get to the bits at the side and see if that helps. You need to take off the grey strip at the top, it just pops off, but be careful around the buttos as it's thin and can break easily.

I know.. I know..

Old 11th May 2012, 09:44 PM

I will try that. Many thanks.
Old 12th May 2012, 05:32 AM

Also make sure you have the keys the right way round. It took ages for me to get it right on mine as i was too timid. The finger rings point outwards when looking at the cd, so the one on the left needs to be bent out of the way to avoid the edge of the glovebox.
Good luck

2004 A8 3.0 TDI Sport Brilliant Black
Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Things to fix: Turbo fault, power drain
Old 12th May 2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomguy View Post
Also make sure you have the keys the right way round. It took ages for me to get it right on mine as i was too timid. The finger rings point outwards when looking at the cd, so the one on the left needs to be bent out of the way to avoid the edge of the glovebox.
Good luck
ditto on the above
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 4th June 2012, 04:24 PM

Gents,

Thank you for the tip. I have given up trying with the keys, so my task for the long weekend is to remove the glove box. Is there a guide somewhere that I can refer to, or would someone be kind enough to tell me to remove the glovebox?

Thanks in advance.