A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Wheels and Tyres

D2 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 13th January 2011, 05:13 PM

I have had these on the list since seeing Amar's pics, well I finally got around to getting some. Went with 25mm for the 8.5J rims.

Excuse the crappy quality of the pics, taken with iphone in poor light!

Before

After

The only concern I have is the possible gravel rash the rear arch and bumper may suffer, anyone know of any armourfend type film products for the S8 for these vulnerable areas?
Old 13th January 2011, 07:55 PM

That looks fantastic Wayne, the plate finishes it of nicely too. Have you thought about US tails? Seeing all these S8s is really making me miss mine
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 13th January 2011, 09:06 PM

Looks sjuweet dude!

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 14th January 2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
That looks fantastic Wayne, the plate finishes it of nicely too. Have you thought about US tails? Seeing all these S8s is really making me miss mine
Thanks Amar,

So are you saying you're S8less?
I know you were looking to sell but that was quick!

I hadn't looked at the US rear lights but I will have x look into it.
Old 15th January 2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankow View Post
I hadn't looked at the US rear lights but I will have x look into it.
Take a look here for more info

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Old 15th January 2011, 12:32 PM

Still got the A8, just miss the S8. The other one looked a lot better with the spaced out wheels etc... this would too but I haven't added anything to it since I brought it. Got a potential buyer interested but then the car started to overheat so now need to replace the cambelt,waterpump and thermostat which has delayed the sale somewhat (£££!) Doh
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 17th February 2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankow View Post
I have had these on the list since seeing Amar's pics, well I finally got around to getting some. Went with 25mm for the 8.5J rims.

Excuse the crappy quality of the pics, taken with iphone in poor light!

The only concern I have is the possible gravel rash the rear arch and bumper may suffer, anyone know of any armourfend type film products for the S8 for these vulnerable areas?
Looks great mate

What make of spacers did you end up going with, and are you going to do the fronts too?

3M do a clear sheet that you can cut to size for the gravel rash IIRC.

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels
Old 27th October 2012, 06:50 PM

Hi,

So, I've been meaning to have my wheels refurbished every since i bought them over 2 years ago from Ian. The intention was to bring it back up to OEM standards and have the wheels diamond cut and sealed.

For anyone else wanting to do this, there are only a handful of places in the country that have lathes big enough to cater for diamond cutting wheels 20" or larger. Lepsons in Kent are most well-known for this but in the last year, PoshWash based in Mayfair also cater for them and were the guys i ended up using. They were brilliant...drop off in the morning and pick up at 5.30 with a job well done. For those outside the City, you effectively have a free place to park whilst you go Christmas shopping in central London so it's a doddle to arrange

I also changed my tyres. I've spent a lot of time looking into this and really like the Dunlop SP Maxx GTs as i prefer their dry grip, feedback with the road, wear, wet grip. They do a special variant with a 'J' marking for Jags...usually found on their XK(R)s. I chose these for the 8 as they come with enhanced rim protection than the standard SP Maxx GTs and should help to keep the wheels in 1 piece if the wife takes the 8 (famous last words ).

I also ended up buying new centre caps to finish it off. Overall, i'm really pleased and you don't see these wheels in this condition very often nowadays. The shine off diamond cut wheels is something that few will probably appreciate but I'm chuffed to have had them done finally!

Anyway, on to a few pics...

Oli

Before pics:

After pics:

New centre caps...

Wheels refurbed, with new centre caps and tyres:

Last edited by Oli18; 27th October 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 27th October 2012, 07:47 PM

Looking great Oli, really makes a huge difference to how the car looks
I wonder if they could cope with my Kahn wheels?
I want to get them refurbed this winter
Can you text me their contact details and who to speak to when you get a minute?
Cheers

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 27th October 2012, 09:03 PM

looking very nice there Oli where did you get the centre caps from?

cheers

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey