A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 17th July 2013, 07:06 AM

Amar! Hasn't your 6 only done 11k miles Walk in Audi and tell them you want it replaced for nothing as they are supposed to out last steel disc's with a claimed life of upto 95k miles thats a massive difference. Tell them they have to prove there hasn't been a defect in the manufacturing process and can they explaine why thay had such a massive life span.
My Granny could get a clutch to last longer in her Metro (just)

They tried killing you, no way thats really bad. Doesn't say that in the advert for them.
I've been telling the folk down the social club about it, and they are not happy at all, they've taken to the streets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A-demonstration-outside-S-009.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	6395  

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 17th July 2013, 07:18 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Old 17th July 2013, 07:52 AM

Looks like a bunch of committed petrol heads down your social club Dez. They look like they are really sharing Amar's pain!
Old 17th July 2013, 08:37 AM

I LOL'd

Think Amar's mileage is somewhat higher than that - wouldn't surprise me if he's done 11k in it since buying it though!

Ceramics do the job when you're running big power like Amar is - I suspect Audi would take about 2 seconds before laughing off the idea of warranty replacement, but if you don't ask you don't get.....

I guess the argument boils down to whether the ceramic discs have lasted x times longer than sets of steel discs given the abuse from 200mph that the car is capable of, compared to a stock one?

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 17th July 2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post

Looks like a bunch of committed petrol heads down your social club Dez. They look like they are really sharing Amar's pain!
Hey! thats Stig Blomqvist in the back ground i'll have you know ...... maybe, he's definatly Swedish..... well he likes sweed with roast dinner anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
I LOL'd

Think Amar's mileage is somewhat higher than that - wouldn't surprise me if he's done 11k in it since buying it though!

Ceramics do the job when you're running big power like Amar is - I suspect Audi would take about 2 seconds before laughing off the idea of warranty replacement, but if you don't ask you don't get.....

I guess the argument boils down to whether the ceramic discs have lasted x times longer than sets of steel discs given the abuse from 200mph that the car is capable of, compared to a stock one?
Ah ok, maybe the guys jumpped the gun again, they're already on the bus to the main dealer.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 17th July 2013, 08:30 PM

Car has done 52k miles now, Audi reckon they *could* last up to 186k miles...

Audi have replaced ceramics for out of warranty RS6's in the past, even though they knew that particular car was tuned. It's a long and lengthy process, I'm on holiday at the moment and just cannot be bothered.

Dezzy - Loved that.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds