A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 12th March 2014, 04:24 AM

Default Super sexy top control arms.

Just seen these on the 034 motorsport website.

http://store.034motorsport.com/produ...udi-a8-s8.html

Has anybody used them and are they worth it? Like a lot of people who have fitted coilovers or just lowered their suspension I cannot reduce the negative camber. These look like a solution - but at a price.

Cheers

Steve
2001 D2 S8. Volcano black. KW Variant 1 coilovers. EBC Turbo grooved discs with Yellow Stuff pads. 19 inch R8 replica wheels with 255/35/19 Michelin Super Sport. In the UK, 1990 Audi 90 2.3 20v Quattro with just 65,000 on the clock and in mint condition.
Old 12th March 2014, 08:00 AM

There's a retailer who advertises on AudiSRS who imports these - I looked at them when I needed mine changing but as mine's standard ride height and almost certainly always will be I couldn't see the point in paying 4 times more for the ability to adjust them lol

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 14th March 2014, 03:02 PM

They are re-buildable as well. But is that and the adjustability worth the price?
2001 D2 S8. Volcano black. KW Variant 1 coilovers. EBC Turbo grooved discs with Yellow Stuff pads. 19 inch R8 replica wheels with 255/35/19 Michelin Super Sport. In the UK, 1990 Audi 90 2.3 20v Quattro with just 65,000 on the clock and in mint condition.
Old 15th March 2014, 03:53 AM

I have a set and I absolutely hate them. If I weren't at university 6 hours from home they'd already be swapped for stock replacements. Ride like crap, too large a diameter for a lowered car (they hit the body and the aluminum brace they mount to), just overall crap. I've never been more dissatisfied with a car part I've purchased, and I've had five modified vehicles and two or three unmodified.
Old 15th March 2014, 04:53 AM

From earlier experience with coilovers on a D2 and pretty low i found no reason to fiddle with the negative camber that was iirc -1,5 since this was compensated by adjusting toe-out + 10 min.
My previous S6 ran -1.5 camber for 11 of the 13 years i had here and no uneaven tirewear.

So unless your neg.camber is way above that i would have spent that money elsewhere
1993 Audi S4 2.2 TQ MTM 330 (my first love!)
Old 15th March 2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverS8 View Post
From earlier experience with coilovers on a D2 and pretty low i found no reason to fiddle with the negative camber that was iirc -1,5 since this was compensated by adjusting toe-out + 10 min.
My previous S6 ran -1.5 camber for 11 of the 13 years i had here and no uneaven tirewear.

So unless your neg.camber is way above that i would have spent that money elsewhere
I'm actually on air suspension, go way lower than coils, I lay lower control arm mounts when parked, and I wanted the adjustability for dialing in front camber for show setups because I run really aggressive offsets on my wheels. These seemed great because of that, sometimes needing more camber on a show weekend and less regularly, but the product is just attractive garbage. They look great out of the box, and that's the last time I liked them. If they had a smaller diameter arm and a stock-hardness insert they would be great, but as is they're junk. The lack of a regular ball joint at the ends is bad too- the heim joints shouldn't ever seize or have other issues, but they do, and popping and rattling is the result.
Old 15th March 2014, 04:01 PM

The overall opinion would appear to be not to bother. So I won't. Thanks for the advice chaps.
Old 15th March 2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandycoot View Post
The overall opinion would appear to be not to bother. So I won't. Thanks for the advice chaps.
I'd say get them if they were a better product for sure.