A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 6th November 2015, 03:37 PM

Default Please help me get my RSE working!

I bought my w12 about a month ago now. First thing I did was remove all the aftermarket wiring that was in the boot. It wasn't connected up properly and there was live wires dangerously exposed. I found an Alpine Digital TV tuner buried in the back of it all too!

Current, Av 1 and AV 2 are just black screens. Av3 shows the static from the factory analogue TV tuner, and the "Navigation" screen is just blue. If I swap the factory analogue tv with a digital one, will this get it work in the front aswell? Is it the same for AV1 and AV2? Will an input show the same thing on the front screens as in the back?

None of the remotes seem to work either. The DVD changer also doesn't turn on, but it's also missing the disk magazine. Could this be why it won't even power on?

Any help in getting this all up and running is much appreciated!
Old 9th November 2015, 02:00 PM

Nobody?
Old 9th November 2015, 02:39 PM

For myself I find it a bit difficult to diagnose from your initial post. It's one of them problems where you have to get in thoroughly and investigate and label up all the wires and components. If you're ever Norwich way I'm happy to take a look

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 9th November 2015, 02:42 PM

I would think your going to struggle with this one, not many have rse much less go digging into the inner workings of it.

If you have a look through the wiring diagram at least you can check you have power etc where its needed and check routing of cables

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...2&d=1420366115

Old 9th November 2015, 08:58 PM

Where are the AV1 and AV2 inputs located? It does anyone know what they're normally connected to?

Wiring diagram document is huge, I'll try and get a look through it when I get a chance. I'm in Northern Ireland so Norwich is a bit far!

The Alpine TV boxes have all 4 inputs connected up. I just don't know what they're connected to or what the rear screens inputs should be.
Old 9th November 2015, 09:48 PM

Yeah, Northern Ireland is a tad far to look at your wiring.

The current flow document is huge, but it is your friend full of useful information.

AV1 & AV2 are inputs on the TV module, these will probably be flying phono connectors wired into the red plug to the TV. (I only have AV1 connected on mine)

The TV module also has an AV output which is connected to a distribution hub. This hub also controls the DVD player (possibly this is AV3 - I don't know) and then distributes the audio and video to the jacks and headrest screens.

That's my understanding of RSE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	865b9506ee9f367bd1bad449f4db5ebb.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	12117  

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,