A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 4th May 2012, 02:12 PM
Banned

Default Rosstech cable wanted

can + hex 2 cable wanted im tired of not being able to use vag come or vcds with my silly gendan cable with its problems connecting with the D3,

i cant get my vag com to work for love nor money and i seem to think its the cable, i get no response from controller
and its doing my nut in now
Old 4th May 2012, 09:42 PM

Talking Second request - Ross-tech cable wanted

Hello,

I am also keen to buy someone's Ross-tech cable if there are 2 available (after you daviesbike).

Keen to get to know my d3 s8 after 7 years of BMW diagnostics!

Anyone with a spare can you pm me.

Thanks

Richardracer.
Old 5th May 2012, 08:41 PM

IIRC Guy, that cable's only compatible with the D2, which might explain your problem. I acquired my genuine rosstech from someone who sold his D2 for a D3 '8'....

Other vehicles
1968 Rover P5B Coupe (Modified & V-Quick, but I have to sell this now ... Boo Hoo!)
'92 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 (Petrol) Super Exceed (Gone now)
'06 Harley Davidson Night Train
Oh Yes....... The '98 PF S8!
Old 5th May 2012, 09:43 PM

Default Ross tech cable

The later audis use canbus for diagnostics, where as D2s used an older protocol KW1871 I think. Hence you have two versions of the ross tech cable. One cable is enabled for canbus and the other is not.

The canbus enabled cable will be fine for d3s and later audis....I used mine on my 2008 vw caddy without an issue. In fact with the older cable, I could still do diagnostics however I couldnt update the service interval on the instrument cluster. Had to use the canbus enabled cable to do this.

Both genuine cables you can order from Ross tech website...but I would go for the canbus enabled one as it is backwards compatible.
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 6th May 2012, 07:10 PM
Banned

So what your saying then is if i get another cable that is a Can cable then it should work rather than the KW cable that i have now then, that would make sense, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAG-K-CAN-...#ht_3570wt_754

this jobby should do me nice then i will order that asap
Old 6th May 2012, 09:13 PM

Hi Guy,

Are you also bidding oN the Tehran can bus cable? Seems silly to bid against each other.

Cheers

Richard
Old 10th May 2012, 07:22 AM
Banned

hi there sorry no i was not bidding but thanks for asking,im still looking at the one in the link above, its a buy it now, im waiting for the misses to sort her pay pal she had a new bank card and she has to link it again ect
Old 10th May 2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
So what your saying then is if i get another cable that is a Can cable then it should work rather than the KW cable that i have now then, that would make sense, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAG-K-CAN-...#ht_3570wt_754

That's VAG Commander cable for changing mileage, getting PIN for immobiliser, resetting airbags not the diagnostics cable.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 10th May 2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post

That's VAG Commander cable for changing mileage, getting PIN for immobiliser, resetting airbags not the diagnostics cable.

What you want is :
http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html

cheap clone:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAG-COM-VC...ht_3376wt_1396

or VAS5054A clone :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Free-Shipp...ht_5348wt_1163

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 10th May 2012, 08:59 AM

I got mine from here :

http://www.mi-uk.com/products/access...om-diagnostic/

UK supplier
Factory: Adaptive lights with coming home function, 19" wheels, Solar Sunroof, Bose, Nav, TV, Paddle shift sports wheel, sports suspension, sports seats, rear seats with electric lumbar adjustment, heated seats and climate all round, ski hatch, int light pack, auto dip/fold mirrors, voice command, cordless phone, wooden gear knob, towbar, power boot lid

After: LPG, AMI with HDD

Pending: DVB-T Tuner & fixing niggles