A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 21st July 2012, 01:47 PM

Default Relay compresor

Hi.
Where is the relay compresor in the car and how could i change it??
thanx
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:17 AM

"The relay is in the same location as the fuse...under the front passenger carpet. There are a few fuses and relay's in this location - the airsuspension one is the bottom most right under the orange fuse. You can see a diagram on erWin - I dont have it at the moment. Its called the J403 relay...Audi parts should be able to supply you one easily."

"Hi Carl
You need to pull the Carpet and soundproofing back to the middle of the footwell. The relay is located in the middle set in a channel you won't miss it when you see it. There is a wiring channel which runs down the middle of the footwell.
I hope for your sake it's the relay as the compressor is a big expense and fun to fit. I did my own so it is possible if you have a reasonable set of tools and some patience . Plus you need to use a new relay anyway. My compressor worked again for a while (two minutes) with the change of relay but I noticed a burnt electrical smell which was from the compressor and I evidenced again on the removal of the unit?
Best of luck
Glyn "

Last edited by snapdragon; 22nd July 2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 22nd July 2012, 01:55 PM

Ok.many thanx ,4you