PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door, lower external trim

mannyo
3rd November 2013, 06:48 AM
We all know how dodgy these trims are, they are not exactly retained that well on the car and can be easily removed.

Now, the other week I caught mine on a fence and as a result the trim was ripped clean off the clips half way along the door. After battling with the rusted screw heads, I finally removed what remained and attempted to straighten out the now bent trim.

Problem, after straightening, it was obvious when attempting a refit that the rubber outer and metal innards had separated and no amount of trying was ever going to get that right again.

So in typical manny style, in the house I went and came out with the trusty DIY product known to all "No Nails" :D. One liberal application, along with a load of tape and one week to dry the trim is back to normal (tape removed once dry). Still needs a good cleanup to remove some excess, but its now back on the car. Have no idea how long it will last, but it looks better than none at all.

The rusted screws, I'll need to get new ones as the old ones are now only lossely done up with pliers since the screw heads have all gone round..

Dezzy
4th November 2013, 11:30 AM
Well done Mannyo a proper repair +++ I reckon it'll last ok mate, if it does come off again it'll take the paint with it

Zip
4th November 2013, 01:45 PM
Bought a replacement very cheap from forum sponsors a couple of years back....:cool:

Zip