A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   coil spring (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17096)

briang9 1st September 2023 11:16 AM

Thanks for your help guys, I've ordered from the place Sean advised, (before Dean posted) , I have received an email confirming despatch and a DHL Tracking number so fingers crossed, even if there is an additional fee as Dean describes I reckon it will still be considerably cheaper than Prestige. I would be grateful if you could provide details from build sticker please Dean, its attached a couple of posts up, once again thanks again to everyone, this really is a great place+++

Spanker 1st September 2023 02:03 PM

Hi Brian,

I can't find a way to PM a PDF file to you so perhaps this OneDrive link should serve the purpose:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AoFr_eVb_WpTjv9U...sCc7A?e=Jace27

Let me know if it's not.

When you ordered from originaltielemarkt did you order the part with the suffix AP? It looks like they order that part from Tradition, who are taking about 6 days to ship parts out at the moment. German companies often print a label with a tracking number when they get their order and then attach the label to the part when they receive it themselves. I'm currently waiting for a garden trimmer and the tracking number was given to me last week. And a letterbox that I ordered two weeks ago and was given the tracking number back then too. A strange practice over here. :)
Unless they have the parts in stock in which case you should see some movement straight way.

briang9 1st September 2023 02:33 PM

Thanks for that Dean, much appreciated. When I emailed to confirm the part no they quoted 7 to 10 days delivery so again fingers crossed +++

Spanker 1st September 2023 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 173875)
Thanks for that Dean, much appreciated. When I emailed to confirm the part no they quoted 7 to 10 days delivery so again fingers crossed +++

You're welcome +++

steamship 1st September 2023 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanker (Post 173865)
As for originalteilemarkt.de, I've ordered from them twice before and they've taken my money but didn't have the parts. Here's my eBay feedback from them. They didn't like it up 'em!
Of course, experiences do differ.

And it's worth noting that when DHL deliver a parcel from them, you will be stung with duties and an admin fee, so it's worth considering this (the last set of 4D0511115AN 2.8qs springs I sent to London via UPS attracted a total fee of £104).

As you say Dean, YMMV, but thankfully I've not had an issue with this company, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested them. I've also used another company in Germany, but their site tends to only give a price if they have the stock. I also tend to email them to confirm stock.

As for DHL/UPS (you mention both above), it must be a cost+weight issue that warranted the £104 fee. The last item I ordered that I can find a receipt for was for a D2 fog light grill. Cost was 67 Euro + 28 Euro for postage. No fees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 173868)
My mistake, I was looking this up whilst designing a part to fix broken headrest adjustment in my comfort seats :ROFL:

And that unfortunately is the code I used on the other site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanker (Post 173874)
When you ordered from originaltielemarkt did you order the part with the suffix AP?

Brian, did you notice the comment from Dean about the AP part number? Just hope between all the posts (and edits), you ordered the correct parts.

briang9 1st September 2023 08:45 PM

I did thanks Sean +++

briang9 20th September 2023 08:36 PM

Just to close this off, received these today, as expected things were very efficient at the German end, then the DHL ref no seemed to show no progress for quite some time from Sep 8th. Again as expected when it arrived in UK, (I had no knowledge of this happening) typical UK customer service took over and everything ground to a halt for a couple of weeks and then I received a letter (yes in snail mail, why not email FFS?) yesterday from Parcel Force with the amount I had to pay for import duty/VAT etc, Brexit has been a great benefit for all:ROFL: Anyhow I have had to wait for around 3 weeks to get these but on the positive side I have saved around £200 from what I would have paid if I had bought them from a UK source, and as a poor pensioner living in Scotland where thanks to those SNP clowns alcohol is more expensive than elsewhere in the UK :tuttut: that's a great result for me+++ Hopefully get them fitted tomorrow and then a fresh MOT:D

Ronin 20th September 2023 09:31 PM

Good job on saving the £200, no point giving it to forum sponsors if the forum is down constantly and unsecure :ROFL: