A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 4th April 2016, 07:13 AM

Default Parking sensor module for APS - Sorry for all the threads!

Hi again guys.

Once again sorry for all of the threads popping up! This will be the last one I promise!

I have found a parking sensor module - revision C for 8 sensor support and no camera (not bothered about that). The part number is 4F0919283C. The numbers underneath are 0518203453, and 05533230. I am unsure of the significance of these.

I've also found on another website a module with part number 4E0919283C, is there a significant difference with the E or F module? All I can see is the slightly different software numbers (possibly), and the F module is manufactured 2 weeks earlier.

The E module specifies it came from an A8, but posting to the UK is questionable. The F module is fine to post to the UK, but if it'll work is questionable!

Can anyone shed any light on the significance of the E or the F in the part number?

Thanks!
Old 4th April 2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm147 View Post
Hi again guys.

Once again sorry for all of the threads popping up! This will be the last one I promise!

I have found a parking sensor module - revision C for 8 sensor support and no camera (not bothered about that). The part number is 4F0919283C. The numbers underneath are 0518203453, and 05533230. I am unsure of the significance of these.

I've also found on another website a module with part number 4E0919283C, is there a significant difference with the E or F module? All I can see is the slightly different software numbers (possibly), and the F module is manufactured 2 weeks earlier.

The E module specifies it came from an A8, but posting to the UK is questionable. The F module is fine to post to the UK, but if it'll work is questionable!

Can anyone shed any light on the significance of the E or the F in the part number?

Thanks!
4E0 = A8
4F0 = A6

It may still work, but I'm not sure
Old 4th April 2016, 08:20 AM

That's what I found out too. Unfortunately £70 is a bit steep to buy it on the basis that it might work!
Old 4th April 2016, 08:43 AM

TGM,
We are not a million miles apart. I live ten minutes of M6 Junction 25.

I am running a 2004 A8 DE 3.0 TDI.

I have intermittent problems with my parking aid so have fitted a camera.

I did purchase a controller but that did not change anything so put the original back in.
I have a 4E0 919 283 B available if you want to try it. Only minutes to swap.

IIRC the suffixes denote 4 or 8 sensors and whether it has camera capabilities.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 7th April 2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
TGM,
We are not a million miles apart. I live ten minutes of M6 Junction 25.

I am running a 2004 A8 DE 3.0 TDI.

I have intermittent problems with my parking aid so have fitted a camera.

I did purchase a controller but that did not change anything so put the original back in.
I have a 4E0 919 283 B available if you want to try it. Only minutes to swap.

IIRC the suffixes denote 4 or 8 sensors and whether it has camera capabilities.
Thanks very much for your offer!

The B revision is what I have fitted now, I believe C and above is the one that provides support for graphical display, camera etc. There's nothing actually wrong with the module that's in it, I just like the idea of the graphic display.
Old 7th April 2016, 09:26 PM

yes you need C, i was looking some time back, a and b's are very cheap on ebay but C's ussually over £100 if you can find one

if your having problems with sensors it wont help you much though
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 15th April 2016, 01:09 PM

Hi There,

Been looking at this myself. The A iirc is 4 sensors, B 8 sensors, C adds graphics and D onwards adds reversing camera.

I'd magaed to pic up a 4E0919283C off ebay, but the muppet sent out two parcels that day and mixed things up. I ended up with an 8K0 907 247 which is a remote ariel for an A4 I beleive worth about a tenner. I believe the other guy was supposed to send it on, but I never got it so got a refund. Muppets

I'm now on the look out again as I'd like to add the graphics view, particular if it tells you which sensor is beeping as I regularly back up very close and parallel to a wall with a car behind me and knowing when i'm close to the car would be useful (i curently judge it by getting the wall sensor beeping and wait for the solid tone)

I'd also be curious in the A6 version worked as it's a lot more common!

Lee