A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 20th May 2013, 12:15 AM

Default I cant link my iphone

I've only had the car 2 1/2 days and my problem is that i cant link my iphone 4s to my 2008 D3 via bluetooth. It finds my phone and gives me the pin number to enter into the phone but when i get to the pin entry stage on the phone the MMI tells me it timed out. I have tried this several ways and it seems that there is a conflict somewhere between the two devices as one will only come on when the other stage goes off. Has anyone any ideas of what the solution is please.
Old 20th May 2013, 06:22 AM

Hi,

If I recall correctly, min took a few (half a dozen?) goes to connect it (4s to 2009 D3) but it did it eventually. That was about 12 months ago (when I got the 4s) and no problems since.

Not much help really, other than to suggest that it should work and that maybe perseverance is required.

Good luck,
John
Old 20th May 2013, 11:24 AM

Sometimes bluetooth pairing will fail if it doesn't complete correctly at the first attempt. Worth checking on your phone and delete any references to Audi bluetooth before trying again. Also worth trying a reboot of the phone

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 20th May 2013, 12:39 PM

I'm guessing you have the old one with the Motorola kit in the middle?

If so, that only bluetooths to the handset in the car, not a mobile. You need to replace the phone module with the proper bluetooth one.

I know.. I know..

Old 20th May 2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
I'm guessing you have the old one with the Motorola kit in the middle?

If so, that only bluetooths to the handset in the car, not a mobile. You need to replace the phone module with the proper bluetooth one.
Not with this one, there is no handset phone kit, i was able to see other phones that had been linked including an iphone. i'll just have to reboot the phone and see if that makes a difference, ive tried at least a dozen times before now without luck.
Old 20th May 2013, 01:48 PM

Ah... didn't see 2008 first time round... read it as 2003..

Mine was sometimes funny.. Clear all the other handsets from memory, and then reboot the MMI and try it.

I know.. I know..

Old 20th May 2013, 09:32 PM

I got it to connect just as a bluetooth device which is fine as i have all the function except access to my phonebook. All i wanted was to be able to accept incoming calls so i'm happy for now, Thank you all for the help.
Old 20th May 2013, 10:20 PM

It can take quite a while for that option to become available as it needs to transfer data. If you have a lot of contacts you may need to give it some time

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 31st May 2013, 07:28 AM

I also had an issue with my BT - and reading the Phonebook - It is because the default is set to READ the PHONEBOOK from the SIM - which the IPHONE Does not DO.

So whilst in TEL Mode, I pressed SETUP - and there is an OPTION in there MEMORY SETTINGS, I enabled the dropdown which mentiones the PHONEBOOK to be read from PHONE + SIM - and hey presto I have the PHONEBOOK - and I can now see who is calling me and use it via VOICE CONTROL.

I am hoping that your setup is similar - I have the GENERIC Bluetooth CRADLE that sits underneath the Armrest and clicks in - However I did buy the latest Bluetooth cradle - However DO NOT PAY THIS - AUDI only Charge me £86 INC VAT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Genuin...item4abb437a04