A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 16th May 2015, 05:12 PM

Default TMPS same frequency different manufacture?

Getting my wheels diamond cut again since they have been refurbed with just silver faces at some point, so good time to sort out the sensors.

No communication through MMI, so when I took the tyres off today 2 of them are original, dated back to 2005, one other was blue and one was orange, obliviously replaced at some point, and probably worked aswell.

Looking through ebay, can either get normal audi ones for £50 each or a set of 4 for £85 but says jaguar landrover group
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T2-4x-TYRE...item23404a5406

I know this as been discussed quite a lot but cant seem to find someone who has done it and not just disabled it in MMI.

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th May 2015, 12:26 PM
Banned

I have a full set here if you wanted them for £165 433mhz

The ones you have shown on ebay will not be compatible as they do not have the movement slot in them to allow the valve to move under centrifugal force, i discovered this the hard way buy getting a cheap set, and every time you venture past Ahem 120mph they send your wheels off balance and cause a vibrating

Also the OEM ones do not need activating at all you simply fit them and select initialize tires from the MMI and they will work

Last edited by daviesbike; 19th May 2015 at 12:29 PM.