View Single Post
Old 9th December 2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I discovered it with a multimeter so since it was already in there adjusted it until it was right also using the meter, but you can see it in Engine measuring block 66 in VCDS too. Mine was only showing one bit changing when I pressed the pedal where there should be two. Once I'd wound it in half a turn both bits changed and everything was happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Just tried that with VCDS. The switch was showing a value of 1000 when untouched.
A VERY LIGHT touch on the pedal (engine off) would change it to 1010 but the slightest bit more and it went to 1011.
That sequence could be reversed by lifting off very carefully.

With the engine running and servo operating it was just about possible to replicate the two stages with great care. But in practice they were near-simultaneous, and I'm sure that on the road they would be.

Does anyone know what those two switches are supposed to do when set correctly, i.e. are they meant to be very slightly apart and if so which way round?
Thanks very much to both of you. I thought I was being clever when I replaced mine, by measuring how far the old one had been screwed into place. When I did the VCDS scan today, I was getting the 1010 with very little movement, but didn't get the 1011 until I pressed it much further. When I had the engine running, I was getting 1010 all the time. I lifted the pedal with my foot and it went back to 1000. That would explain why the ECUs aren't giving me full power after a gradual braking to a halt. The pedal is not releasing 100%.

Anyway, gave it a full turn, connected up and tried again. 1010 with the slightest touch and 1011 shortly after. With the engine running, same results. Haven't been out in the car yet, but just reversing it round to the front of the house felt so much freer than before.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds