View Single Post
Old 30th October 2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Did you have to replace the keys or was the new cluster able to re-learn them? According to the documentation for Immo3, the key transponder is only able to be coded once so if the cluster is changed it needs new uncoded transponders
No, didn't have to replace any of them. Don't know the exact procedure but I think the dealer just wanted to ensure that all the keys would still function with the new cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiseuk View Post
Easily done. If Sean remembers, I acquired a clean fully functional D2 cluster from him.

Local car electronics repair company were able to lift all data incl immobiliser/key data/mileage from my tatty cluster and drop it in to the donor unit.

Was completely plug n play, all keys worked without any further issues.
Forgot about that, and I think that is just what the dealership do i.e. copy all the data from one cluster to the other. I only resorted to the dealer as I didn't know anyone else who could do it.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds