View Single Post
Old 7th March 2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audifan View Post
This air bag pig tail connector is damaged.
Indeed it is. Something got me thinking about that connector in your other thread and your new photo nailed it for me. The entire pig tail has been replaced at some point with two core electrical wire. That might also explain the state of the connections to the pins. On the two airbag connectors on the rear seat, one side has brown and yellow wires (on your other thread where you compare connectors) and the other side (the broken connector) should be brown and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audifan View Post
How do I remove the two wires from the old connector and install them into the new connector?
In terms of tools to remove the pins, you can get tools like those in the attached image below. There are also cheaper ones where you get a bunch of around 20-30 of them for less than a tenner. As Adrian noted, if you have precision screwdrivers small enough, they'll do.

Further to that, as MJ noted, if the wiring is okay, you only need to use the outer coverings of the new part (the two parts on the right side in your image). I have my suspicions, but to me it looks like the wires have been attached to the pins on top of the connector block, and not fed through from the back, and as a result they couldn't put the cover back on. I'd be inclined to slide off the white cover on the other side and check how those two wires are attached to the connector block.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audi Wire Terminal Extraction Tools.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	29353  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds