View Single Post
Old 28th September 2023, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossyboy1978 View Post
Yes i tried that - had same outcome: warning after 10 seconds of engine running.
To me, and from MJ stated, that would imply an issue with the wiring.

In terms of the wiring, going by the following PDF from the D2 Tech Dump post, page 8 shows the 'coolant level switch' (F66). It has two wires, a brown one which goes to Earth, and a green with yellow stripe wire going to the instrument panel. It is T32b, the grey block connector, and it's pin 18.

To test continuity, switch your multimeter to 20k Ohms (around the 8:00 position). The display should read 1. Touching both probes together should give you 0. Testing the brown wire should just be a case of putting one probe on that wire, and the other probe to a good earth connection. If the wire is fine, it should read 0. Testing the green/yellow wire involves touching both ends of the wire with the probes (and hopefully getting a 0 reading), but will need the use of an additional length of wire. Just make sure the additional length is fine beforehand. Can't think of an easier way with the second wire.

Current Flow Basic equipment From model year 2001.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-28 172628 (Medium).png
Views:	282
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	29979  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds

Last edited by steamship; 28th September 2023 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Smaller Image