View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed_thirteen View Post
If I accelerate the light function is disabled...

It's fine if I drive sedately and the functions do work when they haven't been disabled
To begin with, I'm going to assume that the word 'light' should be 'lift', and you're referring to the Lift mode on the MMI screen, and not the yellow and green warning 'lights' in the instrument cluster. Can you also clarify 'sedately' in terms of speed?

With that in mind, I wonder if you're just experiencing exactly what the air suspension is designed to do. The following snippet mentions the limitations of the Lift function, so if 'sedately' is under 63mph, then this would appear to be what's happening.

Further detailed information about the air suspension can be found in the following PDF from the 'D3 Tech dump' section:

56-SSP 292 adaptive air suspension in the Audi A8.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-02 110406.png
Views:	184
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	30151  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds