View Single Post
Old 12th May 2024, 12:39 PM

Good news... and more bad news.

The good news is that I've managed to replace both pairs of lower rear bushes using home made tools. The official Audi tool costs $370 from the US. Mine was made from some 12mm threaded bar, a piece of stainless steel pipe obtained from a scrap yard and part of a scaffolding base plate, cut to size with a cheap battery operated angle grinder, with the bushes being put in with the aid of an impact gun.

This photo is the worst of the four bushes, the next being not much better. There was no effort required to removed the central section or the rubber bush itself. The drivers side wasn't as bad, but they say to replace them on both sides.

Now the more bad news. Was replacing both precat O2 sensors as codes for them popped up recently, and while I was underneath spotted something. The passenger side spring is broken near the bottom, so they need replaced as well before MOT, and I think that job is well beyond my skills... and tools.

Currently going through EKTA trying to identify the correct springs for a 3.7 AKC non-Sport, as I can't see any colour markings.
EDIT: Managed to find the details from an old printout from 2017, which included the relevant details, 1BM and 0JJ (3 yellow, 1 violet). Parts ordered, now to do some reading.

A couple of good days and then this happened 99% of the way through doing the sensors.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240502_190118_253 (Medium).jpg
Views:	137
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	30243   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240509_143636_944 (Medium).jpg
Views:	131
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	30244   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240512_133027_047 (Medium).jpg
Views:	139
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	30245  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds

Last edited by steamship; 12th May 2024 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Spring details