Thread: Broadband Speed
View Single Post
Old 4th March 2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J i m s t e r View Post
I work from home a few days in the week and have a bit of a home office in a garden cabin. I would say it's only 10 metres from the Superhub but the speed on a PC in there drops to about 40-60Mbps, even on the 5Ghz wifi network.
Have you considered trying a Powerline adaptor to the cabin? I'm assuming it has a mains supply to it if you're using it as a home office. Prices start from £24

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...-criteria.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by J i m s t e r View Post
Last week I took delivery of a Netgear R9000 router. ... The thing is - from the minute I switched it on, I got a headache. Like a dull tingling in my sinus and temples. When I powered it off, it went instantly.

It's definitely the wifi I am sensitive to.
I suspect that you're not going to like it when 5G cell towers start popping up everywhere. There has been no scientific studies done on the effects of 5G on humans or the environment, unlike previous versions, and since 5G operates at a higher frequency, it can penetrate the body further.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds