View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvydas View Post
Yes, you are right, i remember now, i tried to connect with vag-com few weeks ago and there was a mistake inside my a8 computer memory, smth with "leaking" and "vacuum" , today i removed ski hatch bag, then with few sticks i managed to remove little trim from boot to view the lock from inside (not main, that one on rear light), there should be a little hook on that lock yes? I dont know why, but that hook is not on the lock. I tried to move it, it is very hard to do that because of space... Few guys told me an idea "lets brake rear light and then you will be able to reach main lock with your hand" , well that sounds awful , but how do you think, that kind of action can help me or it is just another try, but just with consequences...
It sounds as if you're trying the trick mentioned here:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/a8/msgs/40593.phtml

The 'hook' that you mention is bronzy coloured in the second picture, and needs to be pushed towards the outer edge of the car. Since you're having to do this from the back seat, whatever you use will need to be pretty sturdy.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds