View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannerrash View Post
I have to ask though, how is this thread helpful to existing D2 owners?
Whilst I agree with your comment, I suspect it's because you view this forum 'solely' about D2s. In the same context as your comment, you could also ask the question "how is it helpful to D3 owners?". As you don't have one, it's irrelevant. It doesn't make you right/wrong, and it doesn't make Ian right/wrong, it's just another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
People can choose to come into this section and read about it, or not....
I fully support this comment, as that is what forums, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and who knows how many other sources of information are concerned. The information is there. Whether you choose to read it or not is your decision, and your decision only. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to read it, especially if it is of no interest to you, but at the same time, it doesn't mean that the information is meaningless/insignificant.

There are numerous other threads that have absolutely nothing to do with A8/S8s, and yet, for want of a better term, they have a significant following/input. Look at the crypto mining thread for example. That has over 1,000 posts in it, and the only connection between it's content and the main focus of this forum is that the people that made those posts have (or had) an A8/S8.

From a personal standpoint, I read every post made on the forum (mainly because I have the time), and in some cases I find it totally irrelevant (to me), but I made the conscious decision to read it. For me, the primary focus of the forum is about the 8, but I don't think it should be 'policed' to the point that that is 'only' what can be talked about.

Just like we all have our own personal preferences as to which A8 we like the best, and which colour combinations and features that we look for/desire in a car, we all have other interests in life, and the forum allows some of them to be expressed.

On the actual thread itself of Ian owning a Tesla, I'm quite surprised by how quickly he has become so passionate about it (bearing in mind his signature collection of Audi ICEs), something I've seen expressed by Tintin over many posts about his. In that respect, I'm happy to read of his exploits with the car. It won't make any difference to me, as I'll never be able to buy one, and to be honest, I just don't "get it" with EV cars, but it's an interesting read.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds