View Single Post
Old 15th April 2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinny View Post
If it really annoys you you could still address the examiner directly without involving the MOT station. That ought to be commensurate.

Official complaints have the potential to harm the material existence of that examiner and you don't want that, do you? Just for not having a proper look at a car which looked well maintained?
Strangely enough Vera, I never actually thought of speaking to the tester directly. Probably because it's a government body tied up with red tape, and might be seen as a 'no-no'. I've already decided against the formal 'complaint' procedure, for the reasons you mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Well maintained is probably the key ^. In my experience if a car is presented well (clean and tidy) and has obviously been looked after then the examiner is less inclined to pick it apart and the test goes quite quickly. On the other hand, if you turn up in a rotten filthy farm truck then they will go through it minute detail.
Ironically, the car wasn't clean and tidy, but that's all down to health issues. Clean, but not Audi A8 clean!

As as aside, my brother (a bricklayer) has an old Toyota Avensis and an old Toyota Hiace van. Both have over 250,000 miles and wouldn't look out of place in a scrapyard, but somehow they have never failed a MOT. Can't fathom how that works out.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds