View Single Post
Old 30th April 2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Mine was entirely accidental.
Mine was more mechanical. Having come back from NZ the year before, I bought an '01 A4 2.5tdi Quattro Sport to get me around, and also take my mother wherever she wanted to go. Eight months later the high pressure fuel pump died, so started looking for another car of a similar size and age. Could find all sorts but insurance on them was just as high, if not higher than the A4. Then by chance I saw an ad on Gumtree for the A8. Price was around what I wanted to pay, insurance cost was matched and so I took the three mile walk to see it. A lovely day for a walk and still managed to get drenched from a downpour after just a mile. Literally sat in a bus shelter for 15-20 minutes waiting for it to stop. Got to the seller, had a walk around it and bought it without even taking it for a drive.

Quote:
...and walked in to the Audi dealership next to the office carrying a tape measure. As soon as the sales manager saw me measuring the boot he appeared to teleport out of his office to right by my side and asked what I was looking for.
Cue the obligatory link to the Robert de Niro clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d_22U8OW2I

Quote:
Now I have seven of them
You need one more to complete the set!

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds