View Single Post
Old 12th March 2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Sean, as you have both a D2 and D3, do you think there's any possibility of a similar upgrade on the D2?
My initial response would be afraid not. The problem I found with the D2 heated washer jets is that you can't remove them from the plastic panel they are attached to, and that is because the wiring for the heating elements appears to be hardwired.

If you look at the first photo I posted with them sitting in my hand, to the left of the water pipe attachment there is a connector. That's the electrical connector, and so allows a faulty one to be replaced. Next to it is a 'blue blob'. If you have a look at the washers on the D2, you will see a similar blob (green I think), which has two wires going into it. That's what leads me to think they are hard wired, and can't be changed as such.

I suppose if you really wanted to fit them, you could use the existing wiring from the D2, cutting them off where they enter the green blob. A bit of soldering and the right pins, and you could plug it into the D3 washer. Getting it to sit properly would probably be the hardest part. The D2 ones are attached to a piece of plastic trim at the bottom of the windscreen, the D3 ones are attached to the underside of the bonnet. There is also that significant difference in size, with the D2 being roughly the same size as my thumb.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds